The Dark Mod Forums

Dishonored 2

Cambridge Spy

Generally I don't like ghosting in Dishonored, there are too many things that can happen by accident, and quicksave / quickload fest sucks out a lot of fun. I really like what MGS V did with it, as it made me stop worrying about the perfect score, and just let me improvise when something goes wrong, and improve my playstyle in the process.

Generally I don't like ghosting in Dishonored, there are too many things that can happen by accident, and quicksave / quickload fest sucks out a lot of fun. I really like what MGS V did with it, as it made me stop worrying about the perfect score, and just let me improvise when something goes wrong, and improve my playstyle in the process.

I can tend to agree to that. I usually end up stealthing my infiltration best I can, and go artfully smashy if things go amiss. The general goal is to hold practical stealth as long as possible but only as long as it doesn't jeopardize the mission. I really like the tense rush it becomes when stealth is blown and all of a sudden the improvising comes into play. It really does help you learn the game mechanics and your go-to's for combat as well. My favorite playstyle as I've coined it, is the passive assault playthrough. I don't get high chaos because I don't actually kill a lot (unless they're real bad dudes) so I get a good ending, some sneaky beaky and some swashbuckler mixed in! B)

• Like 1

Modeler galore & co-authors literally everything

I think I might be playing it wrong, i.e. I always start with no-killing ghost playthrough in mind, which makes learning the environment almost impossible. It's a "no mistakes or a quickload" situation. In the end I only got ghost playthrough because one dude in Addermire got scared of me making a sound and accidently jumped off a cliff. That counted as my fault, and I missed it.

But, on the second playthrough, I'm trying a "no powers, no kills" run, which is actually really fun way to play. I am trying to be stealthy as usual, but when I fail, I either run or knock people out. It has its own nice flow and I don't have to reload unless I accidentally kill someone.

Death of the Outsider

I needed to watch a video playthrough of getting into Shan Yun's House because I found the note about the secret knock before I should have and the marker to the door wasn't there when I tried to find it - more beta testing needed :D

I don't know if it gets any more difficult but the safe opening problem was quite easy providing you read the various notes

All I need now is to complete the two last contracts before I leave the area as I am going for all Contracts including the ones from the Black Market Shop

Edited by Oldjim

• 2 weeks later...

Domino is originally Emily's power (not sure what powers are available in Death of the Outsider, as I, very unfortunately, could not play it yet) that links two or more guards and transfers anything you do to one of them onto the others. This is true for all lethal as well as non-lethal takedowns. It is a very handy ability.

I must say I really don't like the DLC much. The hub you have to traverse over and over again isn't very intersting, and you have to rely on your powers more often than your own observation abilities. In particular, the way that bank square/entrance is designed annoys the hell out of me, it's basically a chokepoint. And when you screw up and get detected, your time-window for escape is quite limited, as there are tons of guards everywhere, a lot of them with pistols, so you're dead in a few seconds. I think I prefer the Thief style more: careful observation, multiple entrances, looking for weak points in patrols, making your move. I don't find it here.

That point is a bit of a nuisance but there are two stealth options

The one I did first was to use semblance to sneak to the right side behind the barriers avoiding the hounds but an option would probably be to use displace marker and then jump up to the balcony above then blink onto the bank front area when the guard is at the end by the hound

The second one - used first in Old Game Plus where most of the powers aren't available

was to jump onto the longer balcony on the left hand side then move to the end crouched and then arm with the fire arrow which droops at the end. Once the guard has moved away from the hound jump onto the balcony rail and then stand up - you still won't be seen - then fire the arrow at a point above the hound so that it misses the rails in between and drops onto it. You are then clear to move to the small balcony and blink onto the bank front area from where you can hide the hound and then knock out the guard when he returns and you are clear

Of course there is always the nuclear option with multiple spring razor traps at the entrance to the bank forecourt

Edited by Oldjim

I managed to get to the bank mission, and it was pretty cool overall. I got the laudanum to put eveyone to sleep, and it paid off nicely. The reused conservatory map was ok, I kind of rushed through it to see what's further down the road. The quarry was awesome, even though ending felt a bit weak. I think Brigmore Witches was better as an expansion, but this one's pretty good too.

Edited by Judith

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.