The Dark Mod Forums

The Necrobobicon

Bob Necro

The lion panel and the door for certain. It's hard to tell what the other textures would look like in game once they're tiled. I think Melan is right that we have enough concrete already.

I was having the same thought, so Ill chery pick some more and put them into thierf own .pk4 for you & melan to have a look at.

I just had a thought about the door, specifically the glass. If the glass was a seperate FS just bound to the door can I assume it wouldn't then frob_highlite..? its always bugged me when a door with glass highlits and makes the stuff behind it light as it you had turned up the gamma etc.

Fair enough, although in that case I cannot fathom what the purpose was in asking for those concrete textures in the first place. :P

Most of those concrete textures are all similar etc, and the issue with the ones we have in the mod is they have small dimension so tile/repeat etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Does it work that way, without extra modelling work? If it does, it would be excellent to have a few people with facial hair! It would be extra helpful if we had a few older AI with white/greying beards or moustaches. The kind of people you steal from are often rich, influential authority figures, and thus older than the average.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Short styles as I did here work great with the same model as the clean shaven faces, but long beards and luxurious handlebar staches of course need a bit of extra modeling, which is beyond my particular capabilities.

Edited by Bob Necro
  • Like 1

I just noticed this texture is 128x128...not sure how it made it into the repository at that res, but it's a prime candidate to be remade if you're up for it.

textures/darkmod/metal/detailed/panel_square_dark01

• 1 month later...

I'm struggling a bit with the hands, though. I want to have necrosis of the extremities on the fingers like on the nose and ears, complete with that gross glossiness, but the specular isn't really cooperating. Is there any setting to control the size of the specular highlight without turning down the shine so that it is the same kind of small bright highlight as on the nose, or am I stuck with what I've got?

If I'm not mistaken, the only other control factor for specular besides the grayscale texture itself is the alpha channel of the specular map.

The other option is to play with making a reflective cubemap.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Managed to find a happy medium for the gloss on the hands.

In other news, grody.

ZomFem02_zpsqmmu2dm5.jpg

This is awesome. Old hag zombies. I love it. More zombie skins are always welcome. Imagine how scary her vocal set could sound.

I think the old bearded guy is a prime candidate for a wizened, scary old corpse.

• Like 1

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

I think the farther along in decomposition anskiine reaing, muscles, bllood and bone show us best.

Alsothe heavy black like around etes. You are into something.

I can use that black eyed old hag in my WIP as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Had to abandon the old bearded guy; the texture is mirrored, so I couldn't add any significant detail without it looking jarringly symmetrical.

Here's one based on Average Jack instead:

ZomMale1_zpsyjvbvngd.jpg

Also has a bearded version.

Edited by Bob Necro
  • Like 3