The Dark Mod Forums

Darkmod Euro meet: testing the water

Bikerdude

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree weekend is best. More people will be able to make it. And given that this will be a short break, it should be easily accessible from an airport, ideally by one train or bus direct from the airport. If we have more people in Germany, can you guys tell us which are the easiest German options?

fllood suggested Heidelberg and Rothenburg. If been to the latter a couple of times. Very beautyful town. For this group the criminalistic museum would also be quite interesting. It's about medieval crime and torture. I just checked: From Nuremberg you would have to change trains one or two times. With Heidelberg it is pretty much the same from Karlsruhe.

Regarding Tickets: In Bavaria there is a "Bavaria Ticket" (not sure, if other lands like Baden-Würtemberg also hae something similar, but I suppose they do): With this you can travel the whole day for 23 Euro, if you're alone, but for each extra person (5 max), it only costs 5 additional Euros. So six people can travel for about 9 Euros per person. It is valid for all trains (2nd class) and all local traffic; so this should be the cheapest way to go around in Germany itself.

why would you bring that up rather than having a giggle, oh god what is wrong with you

Anyway, the tunnel is way, way cheaper, just a whole lot more effort on your part. It was like £50 for a long holiday last I went, but tiresome as anything driving everywhere.

Edited by Airship Ballet

why would you bring that up rather than having a giggle, oh god what is wrong with you

Because the only person who giggles about your silly posts is yourself and I really ask myself what is wrong with you actually...

Anyways... I would prefer a weekend in august since I'm already busy for july. For the guys that travel by plane, there's some really cheap bus travels from the main german locations like airports, like Flixbus, which gets you around germany for only a few Euros. Don't travel by train, which is really expensive here.

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

They don't have "yo mama" jokes in your part of the world? They're pretty ubiquitous here, and are about as offensive as bad puns.

Let's be honest. There's something a little wrong about the whole lot of us.

We're not the first people I'd pen down in the 'perfectly normal' list I keep with me for inexplicable purposes.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

They're pretty ubiquitous here, and are about as offensive as bad puns.

In fact that's the whole point. Like puns, you giggle at how inane they are. The biggest part of deriving humour in something is the subversion of expectations, so the sillier it is, the better.

Because the only person who giggles about your silly posts is yourself and I really ask myself what is wrong with you actually...

I mean if you don't see what's wrong with bringing that up out of nowhere in a public place then it must be me who's socially awkward after all. Golly.

We're not the first people I'd pen down in the 'perfectly normal' list I keep with me for inexplicable purposes.

Who is on that list?

A friend of mine sells insurance and thinks the only purpose of games are, like Disney movies, a way to keep kids occupied, and is a lot of other perfectly fine things to be, like a football fan or proud supporter of our local police, school team, and military, and similar things that I don't have the time to get into now.

A guy like that is painfully normal and gets a high place on the list.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

They don't have "yo mama" jokes in your part of the world? They're pretty ubiquitous here, and are about as offensive as bad puns.

I didn't even know it is a joke. Guess it is dependent on location and age. For example, children have plenty of this kind of humor.

Normality always needs a reference point. A gamer probably calls a normal person normal because they want to feel special. You could also say, when hanging with gamers, that you are normal and everyone else is a 'non-gamer.' Statistics are unintuitive to humans, so normality is always very subjective.

It is nice that we are such a heterogeneous community. The danger is, that you might end up telling cancer jokes to someone who has cancer or has loved once who died due to cancer. No harm in discretion, but sometimes someone is bound to get offended.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

• 4 weeks later...

@stevel and SirTaff, which dates are you guys thinking off so the 3 of us can travel at the same time.

Just post your open weekends in the doodle and at the end the weekend with the most matches wins ;)

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

I will have to remove the first weekend (or at least one day of the weekend) in September, because my grandparents will celebrate their 80th and 85th birthday together. I am afraid, I cannot miss that... But I don't know the exact day. I will update the Doodle as soon as I know.