The Dark Mod Forums

Alekhine's Gun - aka Death to Spies 3

Cambridge Spy

Thought you'd hear the last of Death to Spies 3 with the failure of the Kickstarter campaign? Not quite!

[video=youtube]

Please note that this video is age-restricted, due to the fact that it was uploaded by the official publisher.

"Let me guess - little blue men with three heads stole your sweetroll?"

I never even heard of this series. One to keep an eye on.

Highly recommended if you get them for a discount! I recently completed both of them. If you are looking for a plot, you will be disappointed. If you are looking for a challenging assassination game like the original hitman, you will love these. These do have saving option, fortunately.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Highly recommended if you get them for a discount! I recently completed both of them. If you are looking for a plot, you will be disappointed. If you are looking for a challenging assassination game like the original hitman, you will love these. These do have saving option, fortunately.

You should check these out:

http://www.haggardgames.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7

http://www.haggardgames.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1564

I also never heard of it, but it looks interesting. The lockpicking system you see briefly in the interview can also be quite interesting, although it has nothing to do, with how it actually works. On the other hand in TDM it's also not how it actually works and is still fun...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I really don't know what's all about that Fallout stuff really :mellow: I'll try to give the first Death to Spies a chance as soon as I found some time to play. Part 3 looks promising though.

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

Definitely the only thing I'm interested in or excited for. Every other game these days has half the plot spoiled and 90% of the gameplay immediately revealed in a trailer, so I'm curious to see where it goes and what the game explores.

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.

Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.

The Steam page now claims the game will come out on the 19th of February, but I suspect it's a mistake because it's still unfinished, and no other source says it's going to be delayed. I really hope it's an error, I've been waiting for Death to Spies 3 to come out for a long time. If it's true, then this'll mean more work for MoTmod Addon in the meantime.

Now the retailers are saying confusing shit about the game.

Amazon claims it has no release date for the console versions, and the PC version will come out on the 9th of February. GameStop and BestBuy claim that all versions will come out on the 9th, and Walmart claims the release date is the 31st of December.

Seriously, why is this even happening?

UPDATE: Alexey Agamalov, the creator of the Death to Spies series, has just posted to say that the reason for the delay is due to the submission process to Microsoft and Sony, and because the delays will push the game closer to Christmas, the decision was made to push the release to February because retailers won't accept new games during the Summer Holidays. Sucks, but at least we've now got an explanation.

Edited by Cambridge Spy

Now the retailers are saying confusing shit about the game.

Amazon claims it has no release date for the console versions, and the PC version will come out on the 9th of February. GameStop and BestBuy claim that all versions will come out on the 9th, and Walmart claims the release date is the 31st of December.

Seriously, why is this even happening?

UPDATE: Alexey Agamalov, the creator of the Death to Spies series, has just posted to say that the reason for the delay is due to the submission process to Microsoft and Sony, and because the delays will push the game closer to Christmas, the decision was made to push the release to February because retailers won't accept new games during the Summer Holidays. Sucks, but at least we've now got an explanation.

And this is affecting Steam releases? Damn, it looks like they might actually end up competing with Hitman.

This sucks.

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.

Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.

• 3 months later...

The release date has been pushed back yet again, to March 1st. This will totally bugger up my plans, as not only will the new Hitman would be out by then, the Thieves Guild DLC for The Elder Scrolls Online will be released on PC a few days later, and I want to spend some time with it.

On the plus side, here's a new video, which shows part of the sixth mission in the game, Omerta:

[video=youtube]

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It's believed the game will come out today, but only for North American consoles. :angry: The PC and European console versions will come out 10 days later. I can only see two reasons behind this - exclusive content or censorship. :angry:

The Death to Spies games never came out in Australia as far as I know, therefore this game will NEVER come out in Australia. Also, the Steam page says it'll come out on March 12th, but it must be my local time. Also, the console versions seem to be buggy, most likely a transfer issue. There's a bug which seemingly affects models with multiple headgear meshes - they wear them all at the same time eg. German soldiers wearing both caps and helmets, officers wearing glasses and eyepatch. BTW, I don't have to worry about the PC version being censored, I found a review of the PC version.

[video=youtube]