The Dark Mod Forums

Just got real internet (NBN)

Tr00pertj

Hay jaxa interesting links there.

I'm only seeing 2.8-3.0MB/s download speeds on steam at the moment. I think it's also got to do with the networks and servers I'm downloading from.

When I had my 4G WiFi broadband i saw DL speeds up to 8MB/s but usually around 3-4 and with 8GB data bandwidth a month this is a big change for the better. Not to mension the crap the current pollies are implimenting using the copper and running FTTN. At least i am lucky enough to have FTTP so in future I can go much faster. Fibre at consumer level now here can do 100 down 50 up and I see some poeple in my area getting 30-40 down speeds but I'm on a 25/5 connection. Using speedtest.net I get 24/4. So not to bad. Fibre is cappable of 40Gb/s bandwidth so plenty of room for when ISP's start releasing 1Gb/s connections.

Edited by Tr00pertj

Laptop:Metabox P370SM3- Intel Core i7-4800MQ- 2x GTX780M SLI- 16G 1600Mhz- 500G Samsung mSata-1TB Hitachi HDD- 120Hz LG 1080p.Desktops:i75930k-2x GTX980 SLI-16G 2133Mhz-Evo120GSSD-Swift PG278Q1440p Gsync.Spare:AMD A10-7850K-APU-8G 1866Mhz-seagate 4TB-120G ssd. LoL Old:P75-1:1FSB-8M ram 512MB Maxtor HDD-1MB Cirrus Logic video chip-still got the parts somewhere?First PC-Tandy 512K Color computer.

What Gitmo nation? :) I have a friend over in Calif now working on the next COD. Very smart and very lucky and a bit of ass thrown in he is. He was in the interview for more than 12 months believe it or not. He was showing us a map just before he left for calif. The map was for COD WAW and would have taken me 12 months to complete. He had 3 weeks.

I thought google were laying fibre everywhere over the states. and fiose or whatever it is fibre? No?

Edited by Tr00pertj

Laptop:Metabox P370SM3- Intel Core i7-4800MQ- 2x GTX780M SLI- 16G 1600Mhz- 500G Samsung mSata-1TB Hitachi HDD- 120Hz LG 1080p.Desktops:i75930k-2x GTX980 SLI-16G 2133Mhz-Evo120GSSD-Swift PG278Q1440p Gsync.Spare:AMD A10-7850K-APU-8G 1866Mhz-seagate 4TB-120G ssd. LoL Old:P75-1:1FSB-8M ram 512MB Maxtor HDD-1MB Cirrus Logic video chip-still got the parts somewhere?First PC-Tandy 512K Color computer.

The Google rollout is very limited in scope and takes a long time. It's only in Austin, Kansas City, and Provo so far. AT&T threatened to stop fiber rollout over net neutrality, and multiple parties have now sued the FCC. FiOS has just 5 million customers over 13 states. Comcast is offering a 2 Gbps service... for $300 a month.

Everything is in a state of flux as these rollouts slowly continue and the legal matters related to net neutrality reach the courts.

The Google rollout is very limited in scope and takes a long time. It's only in Austin, Kansas City, and Provo so far. AT&T threatened to stop fiber rollout over net neutrality, and multiple parties have now sued the FCC. FiOS has just 5 million customers over 13 states. Comcast is offering a 2 Gbps service... for $300 a month.

Everything is in a state of flux as these rollouts slowly continue and the legal matters related to net neutrality reach the courts.

Makes sense. Well not really but the major cost of roll out with regards to fibre is the man power (Techs) that come to your residents and install the product. Still $300 is an insult to everyones intellegence I think.

Out of curiosity which side do AT&T sit with regards to "net neutrality" as if it needs to be anything but or is?

Edited by Tr00pertj

AT&T, but not Verizon and Comcast, sue FCC over net neutrality

AT&T agrees to stricter Net neutrality rules to get its DirecTV deal approved

Federal Communications Commission Chairman Tom Wheeler said Tuesday that he is recommending that his four fellow commissioners approve AT&T's bid to purchase DirecTV. But to win his approval AT&T has had to agree to several conditions, which include not only expanding the current deployment of its gigabit broadband network, but also agreeing to stricter Net neutrality requirements.

Ah when will they learn proabition never works?

Nature vs Nurture. As far I can tell and as a living being Nuture always wins over Nature. Think hard people. Why are you me and every one/thing/person/lover/Hater/GBLHTC and priest able to reason? Maybe becuse we are capable of reason and Compassion. Maybe not but I know how I like to be treated and that is with reason and Nurture.

I just hope there are enough people in congress for life and not for $$$$:( After all we are here you me and us together now at this point in time as nature slowly burns us all. Should we not at least enjoy it?