The Dark Mod Forums

A Sugggestion...

Rottenberry

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First post here. Just want to thank you guys for this project! ;)

I wanted to add my compliments on the noblewoman model. She really looks lifelike! Can't wait to see that animated!

Will there be any female fighters? T3 lacked those except for the female thugs. I thought they added variety in T2.

First post here. Just want to thank you guys for this project! ;)

I wanted to add my compliments on the noblewoman model. She really looks lifelike! Can't wait to see that animated!

Will there be any female fighters? T3 lacked those except for the female thugs. I thought they added variety in T2.

Yes, we will also feature some female guards as well. :)

THe only point in including female guards is if we were to go ahead and implement the rape simulator, but I don't even see it in the design document.

Having female guards is about as unbelievable as having martian guards - but at least the martians could have a special deathray gun attack. The female guards are just exactly the same as the male guards with a different voice, models and animation set. In other words, a whole bunch of extra work for no purpose.

Edited by oDDity

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

Well for me and my brother, it gives that "other worldly" feel to it. This is a parallel universe where women had equal chances to be guards, in an english type culture. (Other cultures treated the sexes equally in history, and the celts even had the gender bias towards females for a long time)

Need I bring up magical fire bolts as an example of unbeleivabitliy? How do female guards not fit into the category of fantasy?

Of course you can use it for an argument to include anything. But it does serve to disprove the idea that having female guards would be "as unbelievable as having martian guards."

Anyways, I think female guards would nice, if only for Mechanist-style flirting...

--

Somethin' fishy's goin' on here... Come on out, you taffer!

~The Fishy Taffer

You can only use this for arbitrary arguments if you violate the rules of your universe. Usually a good story should not break the rules which are defined for the universe the story takes place in and therfore you can not use this as an argument for anything.

Gerhard

The rules in this universe we're creating can be arbitrarily changed at any point - and that's a benefit and a problem. To simply say 'we'll put this in, becasue I've just decided that in our universe xxx is possible' isn't even an argument.

I want to know WHY we should have females guards, when all they'll be is exact replicas of the male gurds, except with a pair of tits and no dick.

What's the point? Some pathetic political correctness drive - we have to have females in a stong role to suit 21st century ideals?

What other reason is there to justify the extra workload?

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

It's one single reason. Because it provides varieity. The same argument can be applied to why do we create different heads? They are all the same AI and act the same, so why bother? It would suffice to create one AI model per type. It would also suffice to create one set of coins, one dish, one table, etc. They are basically all the same as well.

Gerhard

Creating a new head or table is an hours work, so the variety argument is justified. Creating a whole new set of models, animations and voice sets is not justified when they are only adding a little more variety on top of the wealth of variety we already have.

We can leave the female sets to the very end and squeeze them in if there's time. They should be at the bottom of the agenda.

I also disagree with female gurds in principal. We're aiming to create a general environment which is based heavily on a period of Earth's past in which women did not adopt such roles, the very idea of which would have been ridiculous in fact.

- Emil Zola

character models site

Creating a new head or table is an hours work, so the variety argument is justified. Creating a whole new set of models, animations and voice sets is not justified when they are only adding a little more variety on top of the wealth of variety we already have.

We can leave the female sets to the very end and squeeze them in if there's time. They should be at the bottom of the agenda.

I also disagree with female gurds in principal. We're aiming to create a general environment which is based heavily on a period of Earth's past in which women did not adopt such roles, the very idea of which would have been ridiculous in fact.

Well, I'm certainly not auditioning female actors and recording them only to have them go in the trash. :lol:

Well, I'm certainly not auditioning female actors and recording them only to have them go in the trash.

I'w written a lot o female convos. I was quite surprised when I looked at all the T1 and T2 convos and saw how little women had to say in it.

If you just say that we should first create basic models and then go on with the variety, that's ok with me.

You mean the period in earths history when fire, water and rope arrows were still in use, and medical treatment was limited to drinking a health potion or two?

Gerhard