The Dark Mod Forums

How to write my comments on fms

llanita

Is it possible to write my comments on the fms I play like we could do on Darkloader? I use to note beside each FM my opinions on each.

I've looked in the wiki but haven't seen it

TDM does not support comments in the same way darkloader does.

If you really wanted to add custom notes for missions the only way I could think of is by editing the "readme.txt" file found in the FM folder, that way when you're in TDM you can click the mission on the right and then click notes on the bottom left and see whatever you wrote in the readme file however that isn't exactly ideal and would require you to exit TDM and reopen each time to leave your notes but it would still technically be possible.

However now that you bring it up comments and the ability to mark a mission complete would be a nice little addition to the dark mod mission launcher menu.

• Like 1

the game gives a finished mission a green tick in the mission list.

the tutorial doesn't because you can't finish it

Yes it does but there is no option in TDM to mark a mission as complete (even if you didn't complete it). It may sound redundant but in dark loader it was quite handy to mark a mission as complete manually because I may have downloaded it previously (or on a different PC) and after I start playing for a few minutes think oh yeah I've already finished this.

That way on my current computer I have an updated list of what I've done.

Comments are great for that too

Edited by Goldwell

He's it does but there is no option in TDM to mark a mission as complete (even if you didn't complete it). It may sound redundant but in dark loader it was quite handy to mark a mission as complete manually because I may have downloaded it previously (or on a different PC) and after I start playing for a few minutes think oh yeah I've already finished this.

Yes, that sounds like a good suggestion. If there isn't already I will file a bugtracker for it...

Some people were working on plans to improve the downloader, but it looks as though they're still at the stage of working out how to get it scaling nicely:

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/17332-improved-mission-menu/page-3

The same is probably the case for the GUI that lists currently downloaded missions.

Edited by VanishedOne

Some things I'm repeatedly thinking about...

- louder scream when you're dying

Thats wonderful, because I really liked being able to add my Zombie or no Zombie beside each fm lol :rolleyes:

http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=Fan_Missions_for_The_Dark_Mod

Comprehensiveness not guaranteed. (I actually added the 'undead' entry for ItN earlier today, after seeing you'd asked about it.) I don't know how easy/hard it is to get a wiki account authorised; mine was requested on my behalf, and apparently it was delayed by technical problems.

Some things I'm repeatedly thinking about...

- louder scream when you're dying