The Dark Mod Forums

Linux version on dual display setup opens on wrong monitor

Thieving Barbarian

The title says it all.... I just got myself a dual monitor setup, with a cheap display on the left side (DVI) and a better display on the right side (VGA/HDMI). The right side display is my main display, and the one I would like to run Darkmod on. The game is set to run full screen, and it ALWAYS opens on the left monitor. Is there something in the game that makes it run on the wrong monitor? I googled the problem and found no workable solutions, but other people did complain that only some games did this, so I'm guessing it's possible, but I don't really have any idea how to fix this.

Running Kubuntu 14.04 LTS, with Nvidia's drivers.

it should be possible to get the nvidia control panel to run the game on the prefered monitor by adding thedarkmod program to the 3d control section and in the multiple monitor selector telling nvidia which monitor you want it to run on. if this option is available on linux.

it should be possible to get the nvidia control panel to run the game on the prefered monitor by adding thedarkmod program to the 3d control section and in the multiple monitor selector telling nvidia which monitor you want it to run on. if this option is available on linux.

Nvidia control panel for Linux doesn't have those settings, at least not in any immediately obvious form. I have to take a look into application profiles to see if it's possible to use them for that purpose. When googling this, I found something about being able to force SDL games to use a particular display by setting a few environment variables, but Darkmod - or the engine to be precise - apparently doesn't use SDL because those variables had no effect.

• 7 years later...