The Dark Mod Forums

Crucible of Omens: Behind Closed Doors - by Bikerdude & the Crucible Team (updated 18/12/2015)

Bikerdude

@Lord Stenvaagi, got screenshots please.

Bikerdude, I'll get some fairly soon. I just played it again and didn't have any issue with AI except lazarova walking in a small circle by her door. I made a distraction and she cleared that indecision. I played it all the way through before seeing your post here.

Hi Guys, just finished this awesome FM.

Just one question : why a small map ? Twice larger would have be nice.

I also detected a small visual glitch : there's a cart in a small street, south-east from the tavern. There's a little spot on the wall behind the cart where a whole portion of the map become invisible.

cart_bug.jpg

Congrats for everybody involved, everything is perfect \o/

Ok, I've completed all the objectives now and got to the exit location. But the game is not ending.

A VO tells me it's the Geoffrey Wall Power Station Room, where I am now. Well the console names it 'exit_location' too, lol. Is the finish getting bugged, or do I need to open the bars up the stairs or do something else to go further North?

Edit. If it's relevant, my screenshots for the last 5 minutes are blacked out.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

• Just one question : why a small map ? Twice larger would have be nice.
  • I also detected a small visual glitch : there's a cart in a small street, south-east from the tavern. There's a little spot on the wall behind the cart where a whole portion of the map become invisible.
  • Its a normal sized map, same as seen in other maps.
  • That should be fixed in the latest version, which one did you play on?

@AH, got any more cool shots? I dont know which ones to take as its a case of wood for the tree's for me after 2 years.

I'm with Demagogue on this. I can't finish the mission. I've done I believe all optional objectives and got a bonus one to boot. When I got to the exit, the character said this was the way out, but it's not finishing when I get to the bars too.

I found several bugs myself, usually with objects going into floors like a stool and getting too high. I was trying to reach several archers in areas, but had no luck.

I didn't think the map was too big. Just needed a bit remembering moving around the town.

I just ended it via console command to see my stats & get the satisfying earned jingle. So the FM is a bit buggy around the edges (a saw a ton. The guy sleeping hanging off the stairs was my favorite), but it's such a big scale with so many secrets in it that it's ok.

I finished the main objective fast enough, but the expert loot goal forced me to explore the rest of the map, which in this case was ok since there was so much more to see, and I did slowly and methodically like a tourist. (At least 6 crashes at saves slowed things down, so I started alternating 2 hard saves.) I found it interesting that areas of the map that felt far apart would end up linking to each other.

Edit. Some fun moments.

- I love it when a guard says "I won't let him get past me again" and then walks to right in front of you and turns his back to you.

- A guard was running at me while I was holding a lit candle. So I threw it at him and he tripped over it to the ground. It seemed an even bigger spectacle because the shadow of his flailing body was plastered on the walls. Really funny to see.

- The best place IMO for the gas arrow was guards playing cards, the way they flip back over in their chairs. Did you find the gas arrow?

- Lots of fun action all around.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

@AH, got any more cool shots? I dont know which ones to take as its a case of wood for the tree's for me after 2 years.

Yeah I'm collecting them as I play. I'll upload a few more later on.

@grayman, I've almost reached the loot goal. Normally I would play until I get all the loot, but I'll run to the exit and see if I get the same problem, then I'll send you the savefile.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

Yeah I'm collecting them as I play. I'll upload a few more later on.

@grayman, I've almost reached the loot goal. Normally I would play until I get all the loot, but I'll run to the exit and see if I get the same problem, then I'll send you the savefile.

I thought the loot goals were mandatory. Running to the exit and failing before completing the loot goal isn't going to tell me anything. I need a savegame where all the loot is collected and the exit fails anyway.

I thought the loot goals were mandatory. Running to the exit and failing before completing the loot goal isn't going to tell me anything. I need a savegame where all the loot is collected and the exit fails anyway.

That's what I meant, as soon as I hit the loot goal I'll head to exit and see if it screws up.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

I can't tell if I have the latest version or the original.

The readme file of what I have says "Version 0.22".

The readme of the one I can currently get from the FM page says 0.22.

The OP refers to the latest version as 1.1.

Upthread, the new version is referred to as "Version 2" and also as "*_1_1".

If I use the in-game downloader, it doesn't show anything new.

@Gman, let me compile and upload the latest version I have. Im guessing that the readme just has a typo, also the upthread info is out of date.

Okeedokee.

If AH gets me a savegame showing the exit problem, I just need to know which version he's using.

I don't download the mission from sites, but directly in the game. I'm assuming I have the latest one. Forgot to mention Sir Talbot's Collateral is my loading screen. I guess it could have been an older version, but I always assume the one in the game is the most updated.

PS: How can you end the mission manually? Never needed to do so before.

Edited by Philflound