The Dark Mod Forums

Crucible of Omens: Behind Closed Doors - by Bikerdude & the Crucible Team (updated 18/12/2015)

Bikerdude

Okeedokee.

If AH gets me a savegame showing the exit problem, I just need to know which version he's using.

I had no problems finishing the mission. Once I got 5500+ loot, I went out the exit. Are you guys going all the way to the top of the stairs? My mission didn't finish until I went all the way to the door at the top of the stairs.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

PS: How can you end the mission manually? Never needed to do so before.

There are console commands useful for debugging or to get around a bug. Some people would rather not know because they're not good with temptation. But if you get this bug:

type "tdm_set_mission_completed 1" and "tdm_end_mission 1" in the console to manually end the mission.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

I had no problems finishing the mission. Once I got 5500+ loot, I went out the exit. Are you guys going all the way to the top of the stairs? My mission didn't finish until I went all the way to the door at the top of the stairs.

I spent a lot of time at that door seeing if there was a way to get it open.

Did you get all the optional and bonus objectives? I did, so my first guess is one of them might have broken the end-game objective logic. Just a guess though.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Curious. Take an F12 screenshot. Are they blacked out for the non-endable versions? (What would make that happen anyway?) I'm wondering if that's relevant or just a coincidence on my end. For the record, someone got the bug without doing the optional objectives in the TTLG thread.

Edit. The other theory is that it fails if you visit it before finishing the other objectives and get the voice over, which is true for me.

Screenshot works fine

EDIT

The other theory is that it fails if you visit it before finishing the other objectives and get the voice over, which is true for me.

This has always been the case for me which is why I could create the appropriate saves

Edited by Oldjim

I guess some of my "decorative read-ables" are too close to being historically accurate.

Some of the patrons of Darkfate forums accused me of "being lazy and copying and pasting from old documents or wiki entries" :laugh:

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Hey I sent you some more screenshots, are you going to put them up on moddb too? :)

Heh, I thought your first batch was small.

Images up at Moddb now! :)

Edit. The other theory is that it fails if you visit it before finishing the other objectives and get the voice over, which is true for me.

I visited the exit and got the voice over before finishing the main objectives and it still worked for me.

Now I didn't go all the way up to the top of the stairs mind you.

I also just completed all optional objectives and I was able to exit the mission just fine. I can't get it to fail to finish.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

Looking at DR (obj14) the one thing I see different from other FMs is how the loot is handled. The way I've typically seen is "...AND (8 OR 9 OR 10)". But changing it in a test didn't fix it, unless I can't test with the same save game.

Looking at DR (obj14) the one thing I see different from other FMs is how the loot is handled. The way I've typically seen is "...AND (8 OR 9 OR 10)". But changing it in a test didn't fix it, unless I can't test with the same save game.

I noted this in the beta thread. It's one of the things I plan to look at. I'm not sure how the mission code applies precedence to AND and OR, but a requirement that reads 1 AND 2 OR (3 OR 4 OR 5), on the easy difficulty, is going to be 1 AND 2 OR 3. In coding, precedence rules say this is read as (1 AND 2) OR 3, which means all you have to do is collect all the loot and you're done. But, again, I'm not sure how the mission code reads it.

An excellent mission, I love it!

A question:

At the inn, I've found a diary in the basement referencing a coat rack and an attached mechanism. I've found the rack and frobbed the proper part of it, but nothing seems to happen in the immediate area other than a sound effect. The phrasing of the diary suggests that whatever was opened or changed might be directly above or below, since there's a cavity in the wall, probably for the mechanism. However, searching the other levels of the building yield nothing. Could someone please give me explicit directions to the spot where the mechanism changes something?

An excellent mission, I love it!

A question:

At the inn, I've found a diary in the basement referencing a coat rack and an attached mechanism. I've found the rack and frobbed the proper part of it, but nothing seems to happen in the immediate area other than a sound effect. The phrasing of the diary suggests that whatever was opened or changed might be directly above or below, since there's a cavity in the wall, probably for the mechanism. However, searching the other levels of the building yield nothing. Could someone please give me explicit directions to the spot where the mechanism changes something?

That coat rack opens a door a nearby secret door.

Stronger hint:

At the back of the closet near the entrance of the main pub room.

At the portcullis at the power station, all objectives including optional ones finished, mission won't end. Something's fucky.

Did you arrive at the end before completing objectives, go back to finish off the ones you hadn't gotten to yet, then once again go to the end?