The Dark Mod Forums

Dishonored GOTY edition

Springheel

Well, please don't forget to share your opinion with us here when you complete the Daud's part :). You see, I personally like both Daud DLCs even more than the base game, so it would be nice to know other people's impressions.

Edited by MoroseTroll

Wow, I completely missed the release of a spin-off series of Assassin's Creed. Two out of three titles of the "Assassin's Creed Chronicles" series have already been released and they are 2.5D sidescrollers focused on stealth. It's actually played a lot similar to mark of the ninja. Started playing it yesterday and it is quite fun. The stealth feels pretty good so far and the games only cost 10 bucks. So yeah, don't expect a triple-A-title.

It is actually a lot of fun, once you get the hang of it. Very ninja-ish! Definitely recommended!

Dishonored was born as a dishonored samurai story set in Japan.

Arkane merged it with a nuThief-like City (Dunwall).

Perfect marriage.

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

• 4 weeks later...

So I originally owned the standard version of Dishonored. Then I upgrade to GOTY (I just bought the GOTY edition). What Steam did, was redownloading the whole game and deleting my savegames. Now I have the GOTY edition but all my saves are gone :(

Is there someone here on these forums who had played the main campaign at least until

you killed the overseer after saving the girl

? It would be nice if he or she did play in a stealthy way, like I did, to prevent zombies and rats roaming the streets. Is it possible that someone can give me a hand on this by sending me the savegames for the GOTY edition so that I can continue on my mission? :)

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

Do you know, where I can find the saves, if it is not installed anymore? Or do I have to download it again? I have played the whole game killing noone, and I believe, I have saved at the beginning of each level (although I am 100% sure). But right now, I cannot find the savegames...

So I originally owned the standard version of Dishonored. Then I upgrade to GOTY (I just bought the GOTY edition). What Steam did, was redownloading the whole game and deleting my savegames. Now I have the GOTY edition but all my saves are gone :(

Is there someone here on these forums who had played the main campaign at least until

you killed the overseer after saving the girl

? It would be nice if he or she did play in a stealthy way, like I did, to prevent zombies and rats roaming the streets. Is it possible that someone can give me a hand on this by sending me the savegames for the GOTY edition so that I can continue on my mission? :)

Fast and easy routes for non-lethal ghost. Doesn't get you very many runes though.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Digits, Ratio, 16, 1618, or whatever really, as long as it's not Phil.

I think if you uninstall the game the savegames will be gone too, won't they..? :blink:

Steam Cloud re-downloads them :P

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

That was basically my question: If they are available local or only via the cloud. Some games (like "Hitman: Blood Money") keep the savegames in a folder in "user\docuemts", but for Dishonored I only found configs and launch-logs. So currently I am not able to access the savegames, sorry.

Ok, here is my save data from Dishonored GOTY: https://www.sendspace.com/file/er3zqm

Please be aware that that archive contains a folder named "217980" - it's a Steam ID for Dishonored GOTY (RHCP).

How to install: Open the Steam folder (usually, it's "c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam" or "c:\Program Files\Steam"), then open the "userdata" folder. There, you can see games saves under Steam IDs' numbers. Find the "217980" folder (i.e. Dishonored's one), save it if you want. After this, delete it and extract here the content of my archive. You should probably quit Steam while you are doing this, but I'm not sure. Good luck :).

• Like 1

Just played the basic game through again on no kill / ghost but this time I did the the Granny Rags get door key *no kill" in High Overseer Campbell so used sleep darts

The reason for doing that was to complete the side mission in the flooded district (help survivors escape) and also free Slackjaw without killing or alerting Granny Rags - that was quite tricky

In many ways playing in High Chaos is more fun but it is far too easy once you get Shadow Kill

Edited by Oldjim

Thank you very much for the savegames! So far there was an issue with the golder number (my folder for Dishonored was not 217980, but 205100). Anyhow I imported the savegames. sadly I can still not choose the mission in the missions tab at the main menu. But luckily I can load your savegames, which says that there are two autosaves ("the end" and another one). The third save says "Overseer Campbell", so I guess this is the right one for me. I'll finish this mission and hope that I recalled all correctly ^^ Thanks a lot again!!

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

Thanks again for the savegames, MoroseTroll! It's really hard to get back into the game after such a long abscense, but I feel again how nice it is - especially thanks to your nice skill tree. You skilled exact the same talents I did, so it's really like I didn't even losing anything. Great! :D