The Dark Mod Forums

DarkRadiant 2.0.4 pre-release testing

Thanks, greebo.

Connecting lines displaying when one of the connected entities isn't visible came into play immediately for a problem I'm working on. Big big help.

Also verified the texture scaling on a new brush is now corrected.

You're welcome folks.

Connecting lines displaying when one of the connected entities isn't visible came into play immediately for a problem I'm working on. Big big help

That one is not fixed yet, haven't had much time.

You're welcome folks.

That one is not fixed yet, haven't had much time.

Hmmm. Looks like it's working now. Will double-check with a map that was showing the problem.

Edit: Nope, you're right. Still broken. Guess it wasn't showing up in the map I was working on when I made my 'fixed' comment.

The connecting lines are now rendering properly. Good to have them back.

However, path nodes are now rendered as wireframes, whereas before they were solid:

post-3633-0-56073900-1462109680_thumb.jpg

Edit: path_turn is rendered solid, not wireframe.

Thanks for spotting, I've fixed this regression in source, but I'll hold back a bit before uploading the next pre-release build. It's likely that more reports will be coming in.

I noticed a quirk with free look, when you're shift-selecting brushes, freelock turns off each time you shift-click, but the freelook "+" symbol remains, which is confusing.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

MAJOR PROBLEM!

I just took a look at the layers in my WIP and found that the old problem of having objects distributed across different layers has returned.

I'm using pre6 (the latest).

For example, if I hide all my layers, and display just one of them, DR shows me what seems like random objects from all over the map, that used to be in other layers.

I went back to pre3 (April 20 build) and the layers of map versions where I didn't save the map while using pre6 were still okay.

Somewhere in pre5 or pre6, the layers have become corrupt. I can't test pre4 or pre5 because I overwrote them with pre6, but I think pre4 is ok because I have a map snapshot from just before pre5 became available, and its layers are okay, and it was most likely written with pre4.

If you save your map while using pre6 (and possibly pre5), your layers are now screwed up. If you bring the map up with pre4 or earlier, you can see that the layers were written wrong while you were using pre5/6, which means the corruption is there even if you back up to pre4 or earlier.

Luckily, I only lost a half-hour's worth of work. If I hadn't copied the map to a new version number before starting with pre6, and my nightly backups ran, I'd be facing a Very Long session of putting all the objects back into their correct layers.

I'm going back to pre3 until this is corrected. (I don't have pre4.)

I think I know where to look for this one, thanks for reporting. Sorry, I hope you didn't lose much work.

edit: Got it. The new target line node type was messing up the layer mapping during map load. I'll iron out the freelook toggle stuff and will provide a new version soon.

Has http://bugs.thedarkmod.com/view.php?id=4131 been fixed as a consequence of the rotation improvements? The .0001 thing definitely looks like a float number issue, but I've seen FS actually fly out of place when you rotate them enough in 2.0.3. I can't provide a test map right now, but I'll see about it.

My FMs: The King of Diamonds (2016) | Visit my Mapbook thread sometimes! | Read my tutorial on Image-Based Lighting Workflows for TDM!

The pre7 build in the first post should fix the layers problem after map loading, sorry for that. The freelook toggle stuff has also been fixed, as well as the non-solid path entity boxes.

@grayman: can you confirm that your layers get preserved when loading and saving your map with pre7?

Has http://bugs.thedarkmod.com/view.php?id=4131 been fixed as a consequence of the rotation improvements? The .0001 thing definitely looks like a float number issue, but I've seen FS actually fly out of place when you rotate them enough in 2.0.3. I can't provide a test map right now, but I'll see about it.

I haven't checked.

@grayman: can you confirm that your layers get preserved when loading and saving your map with pre7?

Yes, pre7 works great! (I only have to redo 30 mins work, so all is good.)

I checked the path nodes and they're back to their normal selves now.

Thanx for the quick response!