The Dark Mod Forums

TDM_updater.linux

drohr

thx... i waited until i saw thedarkmod.x86.

Now.. i get it to run... (without wine?) it shrinks the work space down to the games window then is full screen for the game. Funny thing though, If/when i quit the game the desktop resolution is not restored to its orginal resolution. In other words the desktop is all large and if have to move my mouse to each edge of the screen and it moves until i get to the extreme edge of the work space. Is there a work-around for this? Do i need to run Darkmod with PlayOnLinix (tried it seems to do the same thing)?

I am using Chromixium (based on Ubuntu 14.04
-Computer-
Processor : 4x AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core Processor
Memory : 10222MB (955MB used)
Operating System : Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS
User Name : drohr (Donald Rohrbacher)
Date/Time : Thu 25 Feb 2016 08:33:16 AM PST
-Display-
Resolution : 1280x1024 pixels
OpenGL Renderer : GeForce GTX 750 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
X11 Vendor : The X.Org Foundation
-Multimedia-
Audio Adapter : HDA-Intel - HDA ATI SB
Audio Adapter : HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia
-Input Devices-
Power Button
Power Button
2.4G wireless USB Device 2.4G wireless USB Device
USB Keyboard
USB Keyboard
HDA ATI SB Front Headphone
HDA ATI SB Line Out
HDA ATI SB Line
HDA ATI SB Rear Mic
HDA ATI SB Front Mic
HDA NVidia HDMI/DP,pcm : 7=
HDA NVidia HDMI/DP,pcm : 3=
-Printers-
No printers found
-SCSI Disks-
ATA WDC WD15EARX-22P
ATA ST3500630AS
DVD-ROM 16X

Your problem doesnt have to do with the Linux TDM updater, at this moment.
Because it installs only game files.
Because your problem exists on Linux an Playonlinux, i think its an video problem.

For some sollutions, please check The FAQ-page on the wiki and search our forum.
And create another topic.

Edited by freyk

Info: My portfolio and darkmod graphical installer
Amnesty for Bikerdude!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Status Updates

• OrbWeaver

Does anyone actually use the Normalise button in the Surface inspector? Even after looking at the code I'm not quite sure what it's for.
      · 2 replies
    • Ansome

Turns out my 15th anniversary mission idea has already been done once or twice before! I've been beaten to the punch once again, but I suppose that's to be expected when there's over 170 FMs out there, eh? I'm not complaining though, I love learning new tricks and taking inspiration from past FMs. Best of luck on your own fan missions!
      · 4 replies
    • The Black Arrow

I wanna play Doom 3, but fhDoom has much better features than dhewm3, yet fhDoom is old, outdated and probably not supported. Damn!
      Makes me think that TDM engine for Doom 3 itself would actually be perfect.
      · 6 replies
    • Petike the Taffer

Maybe a bit of advice ? In the FM series I'm preparing, the two main characters have the given names Toby and Agnes (it's the protagonist and deuteragonist, respectively), I've been toying with the idea of giving them family names as well, since many of the FM series have named protagonists who have surnames. Toby's from a family who were usually farriers, though he eventually wound up working as a cobbler (this serves as a daylight "front" for his night time thieving). Would it make sense if the man's popularly accepted family name was Farrier ? It's an existing, though less common English surname, and it directly refers to the profession practiced by his relatives. Your suggestions ?
      · 9 replies
    • nbohr1more

Looks like the "Reverse April Fools" releases were too well hidden. Darkfate still hasn't acknowledge all the new releases. Did you play any of the new April Fools missions?
      · 5 replies