The Dark Mod Forums

Beta Testers Needed: The King of Diamonds

Spooks

Well, even though it certainly doesn't feel like it, my to-do list tells me all my items have been checked off and it's theoretically time to pack this baby up. But! I need a new set of eyes to go over and help me make sure this isn't completely broken. I also told myself I'd push this out to beta-testing by the end of February, so there we are!

So, I'm looking for beta testers for my first FM, "The King of Diamonds". One stipulation is that I'm looking for people with mid-to-high end rigs to test the performance of the map, since I already have a low-end PC and I know how it runs! Not that well! The completion time is about 40 minutes if you know what you're doing and I welcome players of all skill levels to test the different difficulty settings.

I don't know if group PMs or the Beta Testing forum would be better but we can get to that when it comes to it.

Edited by Spooks
  • Like 4

My FMs: The King of Diamonds (2016) | Visit my Mapbook thread sometimes! | Read my tutorial on Image-Based Lighting Workflows for TDM!

Does i3-2130 3.4ghz 8GB DDR3 and GT730 1gb with 384 cores meet the mid-range mark?

(In general terms probably "no" but the meaning of mid-range varies depending on what age of hardware you target.)

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

I could test on my high end rig if you want.

My specs:

Intel i7 4790k @ 4ghz

EVGA GTX 980 TI

16gb Corsair Vengeance Pro ram

500gb Samsung EVO 850 SSD

It looks like you may have enough beta testers atm, but if you're looking for someone with a pretty powerful computer, you could maybe put me down as well? Maybe as a backup? I'm completely new to beta testing, but would be happy to give what feedback I can. I could also try testing on my old computer, if you want someone on a really terrible machine...

Can't wait to see a new mapper's first project! :)

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

I would love to test but my spare time has now moved from playing, to testing, to actually making my own map!

I hope you the best with your FM and beta and hopefully soon I'll get to that stage and can release mine as well.

Then we can have the ultra most fun and play each other's FMs. :ph34r:

Cheers mate!

Edited by Deadlove