The Dark Mod Forums
Sign in to follow this  
V-Man339

Non-Euclidean Space in the Dark Mod?

So I just remembered Duke Nukem 3D had two incredibly offsetting levels, Tier Drops and more specifically Lunatic Fringe, that used non-euclidean space to mess with the player and now I'm wondering if that's actually something feasible to do in the Dark Mod?

Nothing like 720 degree circles and multi-room spaces to scream "Lovecraftian", I would think.

• Like 4

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.

Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.

Hidden teleports do this, and we can do that. It's mostly a matter of careful map design with the teleports.

• Like 3

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

I'm aware, it's one of the reasons I'm asking.

To be frank though, I haven't seen it used well in any Dark Mod missions as far as I know, which surprises the hell out of me.

• Like 1

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.

Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.

Forgot to mention Incubus, one of the T2 fan missions from the Total Crap Contest... roughly ten years old now:

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110560

It felt like the spiritual successor to The Sword for me, and it probably has some examples of non-Euclidean space. Definitely a lot of teleporting.

Edited by jaxa