The Dark Mod Forums

The Authors Awards

athalle

Thanks for doing this.

I made a suggestion once about doing this each year in January or February for FMs over the last year as a kind of Academy Awards, but granted there were more FMs coming out when I made that suggestion. Still it's cool to see this being done. This is of course a special & bigger kind of contest that really honors our authors. Really cool of you to organize this.

• Like 1

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Voted! I was surprised how long some of my favourite TDM authors have been working - disqualifying them from the new author awards. :)

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Actually, I am seriously tempted to change my vote just now. There's something on the horizon that's...oh, never mind. Carry on!

• Like 1

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Someone voted for me. Thanks nbohr! That makes me happy.

Me too! Heartwarming. Thanks guys! :wub:

TDM missions are probably not that well known in the TTLG community.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

I even got a vote! :D

You helped out on enough TDM missions so you have more than one vote by defacto :P

You only have yourself to blame for helping to make Crucible:BCD and Sir Talbot's so awesome that they nudged your own missions down in the ranks. :)

(Not that I'm complaining.)

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

• 3 weeks later...

The second phase starts today. I regret there's just a tiny representation of TDM members in the nominees, almost certainly due to the much higher number of TTLG voters. But it was very close in the Most Promising Author category, only a couple of votes here and there.

Link for the results of the 1rst phase and for the Poll :

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146722

• 3 weeks later...