The Dark Mod Forums

Has Anyone thought of a Thief Gold Remake In TDM?

I knew it, but, I was never interested in the original Prey, so, no complaints here that the reboot isn't quite what the Prey players expected. :)

I can understand the confusion though. It's weird that they used the same name. I must say that Prey was probably under the top 5 of the best games I've played, ever, so, I don't think it deserves much of a slap.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thief 2014 started out quite exciting, with that big hub-area, but after some time, you notice its problems and so it gets boring quickly. Linear level sections Inability to return to p

The only thing that was well done in Thief4 was the the visuals (and that's only if you ignore the terrible character designs). The story was a complete and utter trainwreck and the writing was f

Legal issues and hard work aside, I don't see the point to making such a remake anyway. It's just going to be Thief Gold but with better graphics and Dark Mod mechanics. Surely something more interest

Posted Images

12 hours ago, chakkman said:

Yes, he did. Not sure about the "could have had" though. I think I remember that he declined to do the voice acting for Thief 2014. Not sure now though, I might be wrong.

They had him.  There was an unreleased Trailer that got leaked.  He was brought in and considered but ultimately they dropped him because they wanted the voice actor playing Garrett to be able to do the motion capture nonsense.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Springheel said:

The story was a complete and utter trainwreck and the writing was full of cliches

Erin: "I am better than you, you cannot teach me anything!!!"

Garrett: "It's not about how much you steal, but what and how you steal."

17 hours ago, AluminumHaste said:

I STILL haven't finished Thi4f. I keep going back to it but get annoyed by the constraints of movement. No jumping, no mantling except on special surfaces, no rope arrows, the awful repetitive animations (beautifully made though).

I stopped where you had to escape from a burning building.

To this day I have not understood how they could screw it up so badly. But then I remember that someone from the forum once mentioned he met with Eidos people in Montreal and some of them didn't even know what Thief was. That certainly doesn't explain everything, but quite a lot.

Edited by JackFarmer
5 hours ago, JackFarmer said:

To this day I have not understood how they could screw it up so badly. But then I remember that someone from the forum once mentioned he met with Eidos people in Montreal and some of them didn't even know what Thief was. That certainly doesn't explain everything, but quite a lot.

I do remember an interview either on tape or written, where some of the devs mentioned they were not fans of the stealth genre and Thief games in general.

It would explain they high turnover rate at the dev house in Montreal.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

14 hours ago, JackFarmer said:

Yeah, Eidos Montreal was a train wreck.  The Thief Source code was given to them twice in order to try and get the right people to approve officially releasing it to the fans.  They lost it both times.  Infuriating.  They were just the wrong people for the job.

• Like 1
On 2/14/2021 at 1:37 PM, chakkman said:

Thanks to you all for making me feel like a complete weirdo now, because I actually like Thief 2014. :D

Just kidding.

I also actually liked the game. Not enough to play it a second time, but I could see past the most annoying stuff and enjoyed it. Although I also have to say that the story was really shallow, especially compared to the older games. But stuff like not being able to jump all the time never bothered me that much. But maybe I am just too complacent...

2 hours ago, Destined said:

But maybe I am just too complacent...

No no, I fully understand your criticism, as I understand the criticism of the other people here. It's just that it didn't ruin the game for me, because, in my opinion, there's a lot to like in it. The game world is fantastic, for example, as are the visuals and atmosphere.

Edited by chakkman
  • 3 weeks later...