The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Volta and the Stone by Kingsal (05/26/2016) V1.3

kingsal

@stgatilov Im not sure what happened but I did upload the old .map file by mistake. I dmapped in 2.08 and uploaded to the mirrors. Thanks for noticing this!

@lowenz Should be all good now! Im verifying the mirror are working, so just to be safe delete your old volta 1 folder and re download here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Great mission! It took me almost 3 hours to finish. Wandered around trying to find all the loot etc, but was still 400 shy and found only 1 secret. All the small details worked very well and the story was easy to follow.

What I especially liked compared to other missions was that the layout was realistic and with my very poor orienteering skills I never got lost and could actually plan my navigation around the map.

Regarding the end part of map.

Spoiler

As some already mentioned, I was also a bit disappointed that in the very end there was no big fight against some monster, but one could just walk out of the tower.

One loot that can't be picked up:

Spoiler

The bag in the mailbox. I was even able to get it out of the maibox with some item on my hand, but still when it was on the floor couldn't pick it up.

I already started the next Volta and I'm hoping it proves to be on the same level!

• 6 months later...

I have been bothered by the overly clear water effect in many TDM missions including this one.

I have attached two modified material files:

tdm_water.mtr

tdm_sfx.mtr

A water with a blend filter stage and the particle vfx material set to "sort last" so that lamp glares will render over the top of it.

Add these to a materials sub-folder in your volta fm folder to try them out. :)

• Like 3

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

• 1 year later...
Spoiler

The secret key was stolen from the engineer who makes the rounds checking the three hidden switches. The key is a bypass that lets you open the two portcullises guarding the switches to the main portcullis that opens the tower. So if you want to rush the main objective, enter the mansion through the spa room windows (rope arrow required) and find the pagan's hiding spot, and then head to one of the control rooms in the center-north, use the key, pop the tower open and Bob's your uncle.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I'm re-playing this mission, and have trouble finding the

Spoiler

family ring in the bath house again (already couldn't find it the first time I played the mission). Any pointers?

Edit: Ok, got it. At 24:32 here:

Well, that's really hard to see, and the guy in the video had his issues finding it as well.

Edited by chakkman

On 7/4/2023 at 3:48 AM, chakkman said:

I'm re-playing this mission, and have trouble finding the

Reveal hidden contents

family ring in the bath house again (already couldn't find it the first time I played the mission). Any pointers?

Edit: Ok, got it. At 24:32 here:

Well, that's really hard to see, and the guy in the video had his issues finding it as well.

Yeah thats terribly hard to see :( I wanted it to be hidden but that's just too well hidden. 

Edited by kingsal
  • Like 2