The Dark Mod Forums

DarkRadiant 2.0.4 released

DarkRadiant 2.0.4 is ready for use. This is a bugifx/stabilisation release, but still it's containing a few nice additions for mappers. It's recommended to prefer this version over any previous releases.

Please refer to the github Release Page for downloading a Windows build: https://github.com/codereader/DarkRadiant/releases/tag/2.0.4
Thanks go out to all the pre-release testers!

You will need to download the VC++ redistributable to 2013 for your Windows system, get it here:

Please report any bugs or feature requests here in these forums, following these guidelines:

• Bugs (including steps for reproduction) can go directly on the tracker. When unsure about a bug/issue, feel free to ask.
  • If you run into a crash, please record a crashdump: Crashdump Instructions
  • Feature requests should be suggested (and possibly discussed) here in these forums before they may be added to the tracker.

Changes

• #4316: [Map Editing] Patches + Incorrect Shader Paste operations breaks the 3D viewport
  • #4328: [saving and loading] Add support for loading older Q3 map format
  • #4324: [GUI] Increasing/decreasing camera speed during freelook mode exits freelook
  • #4315: [GUI] Color-related spawnargs should have three points of decimal precision instead of two
  • #4314: [scripting] Move Wavefront OBJ exporter code to Python
  • #4312: [GUI] Moving texture/vert points in texture tool: always moves two grid lines at a time
  • #4276: [Design/Coding] Path connections disappear when one endpoint is not visible
  • #4309: [GUI] Delay redraw when manipulating brushes or patches
  • #4307: [GUI] Have to double click to select and unselect any item on ortho.
  • #3570: [Map Editing] Multiple func_statics, when rotated, leave origins untouched
  • #4295: [Design/Coding] Animation viewer keeps demanding more memory
  • #4298: [Design/Coding] Crash when reloading def files while having a map loaded
  • #4305: [GUI] Cannot set negative speed values in particle editor
  • #4294: [GUI] The AI tab shows visual AND audio acuities ranging from 0->1.00. They should range from 0->100.
  • #389: [Map Editing] Find and replace textures ignores texture alignment
  • #4282: [Map Editing] Crash when selecting an object after loading a new map
  • #230: [Map Editing] Rotation of multi-ent objects problematic

The list of changes can be found on the our bugtracker changelog.
Have fun mapping!

I had a mapping binge yesterday, and I have to say this is a brilliant version!

I especially liked the arrow highlights when choosing path nodes, makes patrol placement so much easier.

Excellent job!

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Thumbs up man, good work. :)

Und besorg dir mal 'nen Like-Button ;)

• Like 1

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

Got a crash on 2.04, seems to have automatically saved a .dmp file in my AppData. Is this the right file? Greebo, should I PM you with the link to the .zip?

Are you on Windows 10? and by chance are you using Avast Antivirus?

Got a crash on 2.04, seems to have automatically saved a .dmp file in my AppData. Is this the right file? Greebo, should I PM you with the link to the .zip?

Yes, please do.

Nope, Windows 7 with Norton.

Well that turned that theory upside down. I've been getting frequent crashes myself and have a hard time pinpointing it.

According to the crash dumps my DR is fine as well

If it helps, these crashes seem to have carried over from 2.03 for me, and they happen almost exclusively when editing patches. It's really random when it does occur though, so it might be weeks or months before I see it again...

Edited by Aosys

Thanks, Greebo! :) The best just keeps getting better...

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

As we say in Japan, thanks for your hard work Greebo!
(Well, in Japanese anyway.)

• Like 1

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Not to be like this but the ebuild needs some more work, it lacks a dependency to dev-libs/libsigc++, several packages lack a proper slot, it has a broken header and metadata.xml is missing aswell. Here is my corrected version for the ebuild and here is a dummy metadata.xml

It's a good starting point tho, thanks for that. :)

• Like 1

Not to be like this but the ebuild needs some more work, it lacks a dependency to dev-libs/libsigc++, several packages lack a proper slot, it has a broken header and metadata.xml is missing aswell. Here is my corrected version for the ebuild and here is a dummy metadata.xml

No worries you are the first to give detailed feedback anyway. I expected some deps to be missing because I just added them by watching configure and trying to build.

About the metadata, well I don't really care about that for local ebuilds. I would have included metadata with a public overlay but I don't intend to make one.

You dont have to necessarily do a whole public overlay, you could ask the proxy-maintainer team to include your package in the portage team, this way you would be the maintainer for the package while the gentoo devs can provide you even more feedback then i could (and we get an official ebuild for DarkRadiant in the gentoo repo). It doesnt take more then forking the gentoo repo on github, create a branch, add your ebuild and all related files (the patch and the metadata.xml) to that branch and then do a pull request. The devs will take a look into your pull request, most likely ask you for some more changes to fully reach the qa standards of gentoo and if everything is done, it gets included. If that sounds interesting to you, id recommend joining the #gentoo-proxy-maint channel on freenode, the devs there are usually quite responsive and helpful to get you set up.

• 4 months later...

Hi, I'm hoping you can help me out here. the emerge dies with this these errors:

libtool: compile:  x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I../../libs -DPKGLIBDIR=\"/usr/lib64/darkradiant\" -DPKGDATADIR=\"/usr/share/darkradiant\" -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/usr/include/sigc++-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/sigc++-2.0/include -I/usr/include/FTGL -I/usr/include/freetype2 -DPOSIX -std=c++0x -I/usr/lib64/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-3.0 -I/usr/include/wx-3.0 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DWXUSINGDLL -D__WXGTK__ -I/usr/include/sigc++-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/sigc++-2.0/include -DWXINTL_NO_GETTEXT_MACRO -fPIC -g -O2 -DNDEBUG -march=native -O2 -pipe -Wall -Wno-unused-variable -Werror=return-type -c KeyValueTable.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/KeyValueTable.o
In file included from GLWidget.cpp:1:0:
GLWidget.h:18:1: error: expected class-name before '{' token
 {
 ^
GLWidget.h:27:2: error: 'wxGLContext' does not name a type
  wxGLContext* _privateContext;
  ^
GLWidget.h:30:23: error: expected ')' before '*' token
     GLWidget(wxWindow *parent, const std::function<void()>& renderCallback, con
                       ^
GLWidget.h:39:15: error: 'wxPaintEvent' has not been declared
  void OnPaint(wxPaintEvent& event);
               ^
GLWidget.cpp:12:2: error: 'WX_GL_RGBA' was not declared in this scope
  WX_GL_RGBA,
  ^
GLWidget.cpp:13:2: error: 'WX_GL_DOUBLEBUFFER' was not declared in this scope
  WX_GL_DOUBLEBUFFER,
  ^
GLWidget.cpp:14:2: error: 'WX_GL_DEPTH_SIZE' was not declared in this scope
  WX_GL_DEPTH_SIZE, 16
  ^
GLWidget.cpp:17:1: error: prototype for 'wxutil::GLWidget::GLWidget(wxWindow*, const std::function<void()>&, const string&)' does not match any in class 'wxutil::GLWidget'
 GLWidget::GLWidget(wxWindow *parent, const std::function<void()>& renderCallbac
 ^
In file included from GLWidget.cpp:1:0:
GLWidget.h:16:7: error: candidates are: wxutil::GLWidget::GLWidget(const wxutil::GLWidget&)
 class GLWidget :
       ^
GLWidget.h:16:7: error:                 wxutil::GLWidget::GLWidget()
GLWidget.cpp: In member function 'void wxutil::GLWidget::SetHasPrivateContext(bool)':
GLWidget.cpp:32:3: error: '_privateContext' was not declared in this scope
   _privateContext = new wxGLContext(this);
   ^
GLWidget.cpp:32:41: error: invalid use of incomplete type 'class wxGLContext'
   _privateContext = new wxGLContext(this);
                                         ^
In file included from GLWidget.cpp:3:0:
../../include/igl.h:11:7: error: forward declaration of 'class wxGLContext'
 class wxGLContext;
       ^
GLWidget.cpp: In member function 'void wxutil::GLWidget::DestroyPrivateContext(':
GLWidget.cpp:42:6: error: '_privateContext' was not declared in this scope
  if (_privateContext != NULL)
      ^
GLWidget.cpp: At global scope:
GLWidget.cpp:59:24: error: variable or field 'OnPaint' declared void
 void GLWidget::OnPaint(wxPaintEvent& WXUNUSED(event))
                        ^
GLWidget.cpp:59:24: error: 'wxPaintEvent' was not declared in this scope
GLWidget.cpp:59:53: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token
 void GLWidget::OnPaint(wxPaintEvent& WXUNUSED(event))
                                                     ^
GLWidget.cpp:95:1: error: expected '}' at end of input
 } // namespace
 ^
Makefile:634: recipe for target 'GLWidget.lo' failed

This is over my head and I'm hoping you can tell me how to handle it.

Hi, when I follow the ebuild link it's no longer on bpaste, if it's different from his please re-post it. Thanks