The Dark Mod Forums

TDM now in Russian!

Bikerdude

tdmm_rus2.png

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=_dd&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http://darkfate.org/forum/index.php%3Ftopic%3D5595&usg=ALkJrhgpZ6PXr9__4sy3n_iy5CVvNwYLHg

In 2014, charisma began work on the translation of fan missions for TDM, and for nearly two years, she has almost single-handedly already transferred 96 missions from a little more than one hundred published at the moment. Thus, by doing just a great job.

If you still have not played the fan-mission for TDM due to the fact that they have not been translated into Russian, or for some other reason, but now thanks to the charisma you have the opportunity to play them in their native language. Thanks to the TDM now in Russian!

- Special thanks to the creation Skina translation into Notabenoid for ongoing technical assistance, support and editing.
- Thanks to the team at Notabenoid: charisma, Skina, Dront, lroman , Geralt54, darkwar, adm244, Chelsun, Infest91, MendedSchism, Igor_Russian, MiraSS, Robintrop and all those who helped with the translation and editing of both the Group and is online.
- Special thanks to: Tels, FenPhoenix, Bikerdude and chedap with offline TDM.
- Thank you for DJ Riff fonts and their sources.
- Thank you for reporting illness in the group VKontakte with reference to the translation Notabenoid.

Charisma would also like to thank separately MoroseTroll transfer mission Tears of Saint Lucia that started it all.

Mission can be download here , as well as the official website or directly through the TDM itself.
Download transfers can be here , on the localization of management can be found here .

If you have any questions regarding translations, you can always ask them in this forum thread . Also, you can always help in translation or editing. We will be very glad. To do this, you are welcome in our group on Notabenoid , or you can write on the forum or by contacting the charisma.

Are some of those romanian fixes I coordinated with Tels going to be in patch 2.03 or 2.04?

I think you answered a while ago but I'm just inquiring a confirmation.

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

Are some of those romanian fixes I coordinated with Tels going to be in patch 2.03 or 2.04?

I think you answered a while ago but I'm just inquiring a confirmation.

Tells isnt around much atm, so nbohr is your man for that.

The main thing that the Darkfate community will need to do is update their instructions to remove the need for the font fix zip package.

Now, if someone wants to validate that the missions at Darkfate are all at the latest build numbers and then grab the localization PK4's for the mission downloader be my guest. If not they'll need to keep using their local copies for mission translations.

@Charisma, can you leaise with nbohr please..?

@nbohr, I have pointed people at yourself as you seem to be stepping up to help with this ;)

Heh, I'll try to help sure.

The big problem will be updating the damned mirrors. It's such a slow process. If I have a full set of localization pk4's I can upload them all at once rather than multiple painful FTP sessions.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Pretty sure these were already added. Do you know what date your fixes were supplied and what files you submitted?

Yes, here it is: http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/16596-internationalization-language-usage-in-tdm/?hl=international

Turn the page down to the bottom of the page. There's a link. I hope it worked.

At the time just redid everything in english characters instead of using special romanian ones which aren't recognized in TDM, while the correspondence with Tels slowly came to a halt on how to fix it.

At the time bikerdude said:

I'll ask Tels for help with getting this added to SVN.

But if:

Tels isnt around much atm, so nbohr is your man for that.

Then there could be an error or maybe he never answered.
That's why I brought this up. Apologies for the trouble.

Edited by Bikerdude

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

badge?user=andarson

Cool, hopefully we'll get some Russian interpretation on Medieval maps. :)

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Dark Mod Missions: Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/

2.04 changes thus far:

Romanian has been altered to remove the characters not represented by existing fonts.

The core Russian fonts and translations from Darkfate have been incorporated. No need to place the font fix pk4 in the darkmod directory.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

2.04 changes thus far:

Romanian has been altered to remove the characters not represented by existing fonts.

The core Russian fonts and translations from Darkfate have been incorporated. No need to place the font fix pk4 in the darkmod directory.

Thank you!

badge?user=andarson