The Dark Mod Forums

Enderal now available

Outlooker

Ooooh nice, I've been waiting a while for this. I wonder when the english version will be out..?

English and German version should be both available right from the start, that is, today.

Sigh. I wished I had the time to play this right now, I expect it to be of incredible high quality.

Well, it goes in my "experience later, hopefully soon" treasure chest of games.

But for those who have the time right now and find pleasure in highly detailed, story-dense open-world RPGs, you are in for a heck of a weekend, I think!

The folks who made this are very talented and have proven themselves with "Nehrim" already, and it is practically assured they even got only better with this one.

EDIT

Sorry, I was carried away by the fact that a friend already downloaded and told me he'll play this weekend.

There is a preload for the 8GB of game data, available here:

http://enderal.com/

Additional sources are

http://www.moddb.com/mods/enderal/downloads/enderal-installfile-10-german

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76715/

http://www.elderscrollsportal.de/ressourcen/enderal-installationspaket-deutsch-preload.2987/

http://dl1.sureai.net/files/pro/enderal/dow/de/EnderalInstall_DE.torrent

Additionally, you need the launcher; it is not released right now, but expected today or in the next very few days,

they hope to have it ready for the weekend.

The English version will only be ready in the next weeks, because they have some voice acting left to do.

Sorry that I was too hasty here; but the English release is scheduled to be really soon, too, the development team says,

just very few weeks away.

Edited by Outlooker

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

"When outmatched... cheat."— Batman

Now, with some hours delay, the GERMAN version is ready and everything is available for download and playing this weekend.

http://enderal.com/

The English version should be ready in a few weeks.

• Like 1

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Great news!

Nehrim is one of the best games I ever played and I hope this successor can reach the same level. Its fascinating that fan projects like this and TDM have a higher level of anticipation for me than 99% of the AAA games, I hope everyone here gives it a try.

Edited by Cookie
  • Like 1

Great news!

Its fascinating that fan projects like this and TDM have a higher level of anticipation for me than 99% of the AAA games

I think the reason for this is that AAA-games have to appeal to a maximum of buyers, therefore have to cater to mass tastes, resulting in some averaged-out product.

Smaller, especially not-for-profit projects, can satisfy more specialized tastes and therefore are much more pleasing to those smaller groups.

McDonalds and CocaCola serve the most people, yet there sure are niche markets with much better (at least subjectively) food.

• Like 1

I think the reason for this is that AAA-games have to appeal to a maximum of buyers, therefore have to cater to mass tastes, resulting in some averaged-out product.

Smaller, especially not-for-profit projects, can satisfy more specialized tastes and therefore are much more pleasing to those smaller groups.

McDonalds and CocaCola serve the most people, yet there sure are niche markets with much better (at least subjectively) food.

I agree with that.

I played about two hours so far and it is living up to the expectations. It is running well on maximum settings aside AA on my over five year old PC - very detailed world, great readables, only crashed once so far, only some minor bugs detected.

Edited by Cookie

• 1 month later...

Wow, I'm impressed by the quality!

Yes, it's always "Skyrim" under a new aspect but it's an amazing "AAA" work.

Atmosphere: a bit of Gothic, a bit of Risen (and a Morrowind-like start in a ship :P )

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

Little problems found:

*some dialogues/english voiceacting mismatch

*damn GERMAN :D words left here and there (1 found)

*dwarven+nords ruins mixed to create "Pyrean" ruins.....not a good desigh choice IMHO

But it's awesome indeed! That *Gothic* series feeling!

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

• 5 years later...

I finally gave Enderal a shot and this game is absolutely incredible. As a native german speaker, I use the original German version ofcourse, which features some really good voice acting. Almost all quest are actually quest-chains and very interestingly written. And the game has more in common with Morrowind than with Skyrim, which is a good thing to me. It could have been the perfect game, if they had described where you have to go in the quest text rather than relying on quest pointers, so that you could completely disable HUD and quest tracking, giving you that ultimate Morrowind feeling. It is an astonishingly good game regardless!

As far as graphics are concerned, I modded the hell out of this game, as per usual with Skyrim. 😄 Right now, I have 60 mods installed About 10 of those mods relate to gameplay / quality of life improvements, but the rest is just graphics mods, which take my 3060 Ti down to 40 fps in some rather unoptimized scenes. Usually, I get 70-80 fps, 'though. It looks almost as good as some next-gen titles. Might post some screenies soon, if you want.

• Like 3

I have over 40 hours in the game and I'm also 100% recommending it. 

First of all as a Bethesda hater I find it a bit sad that their best games after Morrowind are games made by 3rd party devs on their engines, New Vegas and Enderal. Enderal showed me how good Skyrim could have been and it was a final nail in the coffin, can't go back to normal Bethesda games now. 

This could have easily been a successful commercial game, it improves on Skyrim in almost every way - the RPG systems are better, the magic is better, the writing is way better, the graphics is slightly improved too. This is probably why the game is so enjoyable, everything feels familiar but improved. Especially the capital of the region called Ark is amazing, it's a city that actually feels like a city, has several quarters and a huge underground slum. And the dungeons are more interesting and diverse as well.

I gotta say I didn't enjoy Nehrim much, the difficulty felt a bit unbalanced, the game allowed you to get to a dead end by underlevelling, the writing and voice acting were a bit worse and it was all underlined by the Oblivion engine which I find horrible, janky and ugly. But I saw the potential, and all of that potential is realized in Enderal. 

I wouldn't put it among the best RPGs ever like some fans, but it's really solid and definitely worth playing. And it looks decent without mods imo.

• Like 1

Enderal is one of my all-time favorites, and much better than Skyrim in just about every way. Worldbuilding is better, story is unique and compelling, gameplay is much more intricate, and most locations are just plain beautiful to look it. Now you are making me want to replay this for the nth time :D

• Like 1

I finished the game now with an epic finale. Truly, an exceptional mod.

Here are some screenshots I took while playing Enderal with a shipload of graphics mods.

Spoiler-free

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pn3bwukgpr9pcqs/AAC3qv5iID_eOQ5NCh0utn_Sa?dl=0

Very mild spoilers

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qeezdnchqo962fr/AACm_gvYfCsY0Y_qArSMxNgva?dl=0

Spoilers

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qwh1l0q3w8w8l5q/AABVRIqctUBTDY_T9_88v8B1a?dl=0

• Like 1

One underrated aspect of this game is, in my opinion, the soundtrack. Especially when you get towards the end, some of the tracks have managed to stay in my head. Just an all around amazing mod

• Like 1

I found the start confusing, muddled, clumsy, surreal, and virtually unplayable because I had problems configuring my controller in Steam (even though it worked immediately in Skyrim.) Also had to fool around trying to get 4K, (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Enderal Special Edition\Skyrim\SkyrimPrefs.ini ... set Isize H and Isize W to screen height and width.). Also fighting with the gamma was horrible. The beginning was mostly out of the player's control anyway.

So, start quest after two sessions of configuring was to meet someone somewhere in the world with no direction or marker? Not much fun to blunder. The next time I had any control it was near pitch black and my companion was telling me to fight! I turned to my Nvidia control and boosted gamma full only to find it changed back when I returned to  the game (whose gamma control was already up full plus my display was up full.) Absurd. In the end I think he finished them off. Certainly I groped around and found two bodies. Here's a screenshot... (can't see anything? neither could I.) :D

Then there was configuring the player character. Mouse and controller kept going crazy. Mouse wouldn't move the slider to minimum. Controller over-sensitive when acting as a pointer and jumped from slider to slider. I never did get to rotate the character (can you?) so you get a better impression of facial contours etc. Eventually I gave up to the defaults.

All of that massively spoilt the beginning for  me.

HOWEVER, with those problems (mostly) out of the way (and hopefully I'm the only person in the world to have trouble with games,) now I'm at the beach and seem to have control like a 'normal' game, I'm more hopeful. And what I've read here is encouraging. I was impressed with the voice acting etc. and, of course, the Skyrim terrain quality.

I've had zero issues like that. Hm... You did use Skyrim SE and the SE Version of Enderal, didn't you? Furthermore, there is a mod called "Enderal SE- Bug Fixes" that is also mandatory. If you have further troubles running the game, you can go to the SureAI discord and ask for help.

The start is confusing and surreal, yes. That is by design, as the story is based on that. But clumsy and muddled? 😞 

Here are some further essential mods I recommend, excluding high-quality-mods (except for the NPC-faces and hair mod)

1794222876_WhatsAppImage2022-02-07at09_34_00.jpeg.6ca113ec1736a85cb0e24b5d8f7de71a.jpeg

Additionally to these, I recommend to install "Alternate Conversation Camera", which gives you a nice oblivion-like camera view in conversations, and some ENB, preferably the pretty but berformance intense Steamin ENB.

19 minutes ago, datiswous said:

Is it important to get the SE version? I don't have Skyrim SE, only original.

8 minutes ago, AluminumHaste said:

I tried playing this on the last version of Skyrim and it ran like absolute shit. Like 50 fps stutter fest, where Skyrim ran at 200fps+ with a ton of 4k texture mods and high poly items etc.

I was super disappointed.

Aside from x64 support and some new post-processing features, the SE version apparently also comes with quite a few bugfixes and better performance.

• Like 1