The Dark Mod Forums

2016+ Games news

Bikerdude

Pathologic demo is out. Called the Marble Nest. To try it click Download Demo: http://store.steampowered.com/app/505230

Sys. requirements are approximately 8 GB of Ram, 1 GB Video card and something similar to an Intel i3 Core.

Edited by Anderson

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good old micro transactions -

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/middle-earth-shadow-of-war-will-have-micro-transactions/#more-101770

I have 5 words, They can F**k Right Off.

The best vote given is with our money in this world. This too shall pass.

Edited by Anderson

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

Anoither awesome game to be released on GoG -

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrafice - you beat me to it, I just watched the trailer on GOG. i realize the importance of story and content of games like these but playing the second Pnembra (the Black Plague) and I could not attack at all was a bit frustrating to me, so hopefully it's not a Collage of cut-scenes.

Anything with Poe or Lovecraft would be nice. I AM going to play Amnesia and Outlast in October this year unless I am in jail, homeless or my neighbors find it inappropriate. I think I will pass on dead space and go with these other titles come October.

Edited by bobrpggamer

• 3 weeks later...

@Bob, have you played the above game..?

Never mind, just read this on meta critic -

I'd love to tell you how the game plays, but I can't the cursor keys don't work for moving forward back left right, and you can't remap ANY controls whatsoever! The controls menu simply shows what keys do what it doesn't actually allow changes. The PC version even has a picture of a console controller in the options that's how bad the PC port is.

I know this isn't a AAA game by a major studio, but even so, there is a reasonable user interface baseline which quite frankly, this game doesn't even meet 1990's "shareware" games standard (even "Doom" in 1993 had standard cursor key controls). WASD vs cursor keys flexibility is for left vs right handers and variable mouse position to the left vs right of the keyboard (and even then many right handers prefer cursor keys some right handers also use the mouse with their left hand). This is not exactly a "new thing" and has been known to PC game designers for what 20 years now? Not being a major studio is no excuse This is by the far the worst game interface on any game in years. Collapse

Not being able to map keys is a big no no for me.

@Bob, have you played the above game..?

Sorry I had been playing 7 Days to die for about 20 hours so I did not think to check this, but no I have not played it I just saw the videos, screenshots and reviews on Steam and the fact that Steampunk RPG's in Third or First Person games are hard to come by with so many Risen's and Two World type RPG's out there this sounded good at the price of a happy meal.

The only true Steampunk game i know of is Arcanum: of Steamworks and Magic. I imagine there are others but Arcanum was built entirely around the Steampunk theme, and I also know little of Steampunk already.

Not being able to map keys is a big no no for me.

Yeah me to, I had to stop playing Gothic 1 because of control issues. There may be patches but again this is about the price of a happy meal. i only read the Steam user reviews, and they can be brutal on some games.

Bright Memory

I was expecting and or hoping Hellgate: London to be at least similar to Bright Memory, but turned out to be garbage. Bright Memory looks good though.

OK I just seen Mars: War Logs is a 2013 game so I will take mind of the dates next time, but there should be a topic to show the ridiculous sales on DD from Steam, gamers gate and GOG.

Witcher 3 was on sale at $23.00 I think on GOG and this was the lowest I have seen It. This game along with others will not come down in price like a stock waiting for buyers until they run out of buyers and they will offer it at around $10.00 come Christmas, but with steam there is are mid week and weekend sales that can lower a game up to 75% to 90% off, and it's good to keep an eye on it.

Edited by bobrpggamer

that tomb raider game is very hard, even on the easy setting, plus one of the download links takes you to a malware injection site. another download link doesn't work on firefox with adblocker, actually most of the links say that too many people have downloaded the demo and the download servers are not currently going to let you download it. Only the last link in the list of downloaders actually worked and that was for mega.nz.

Dishonored 2 is on sale for $30.00 on Steam. Not much of a sale but its 25% off.: http://store.steampowered.com/sale/dishonoredgames/

Tom Clancy's The Division is $20.00: http://store.steampowered.com/app/365590/Tom_Clancys_The_Division/

Also this publisher is having a sale and its too many games to list: http://store.steampowered.com/sale/bandainamcoweekend/

GOG has a few lesser titles for as little as a $1.20 https://www.gog.com/promo/20170911_weekly_sale

Well Dishonored and the Division are 2016 - 2017

I probably have more free time that most everybody (lack of a life) so next time I will make a new post as I check out game sale for DD.

Edited by bobrpggamer