The Dark Mod Forums

2016+ Games news

Bikerdude

6 hours ago, chakkman said:

I was talking about the Stalker 2 developers.

Yeah sorry, mixed up the names. Still loans and earnings from previous projects I would think are their means of funding. Wages in Ukraine are also a lot lower than some other countries. Due to the modding scene Stalker is still a very popular series, so I would think they are still selling regular copies.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure what to think about it... I don't think they could have picked a more controversial character than Gollum. I mean... I'm not sure if I really want to play a disgusting creature with psychotic schizophrenia episodes. Strange choice, even for a anti hero.

Edited by chakkman
  • Like 1

I am rather curious which episode of his story the game is about and what kind of game it is. It could be very interesting, but it could also be very disappointing. At least, Daedalic has made and published a couple of decent games, so I am more hopeful than if Ubisoft of EA were in charge...

Edit: Now that I think about it, Daedalic has a couple of Point and Click adventures, which would probably fit quite well for a game about gollum.

Edited by Destined
Addendum

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/25/2020 at 9:20 PM, chakkman said:

Not sure what to think about it... I don't think they could have picked a more controversial character than Gollum. I mean... I'm not sure if I really want to play a disgusting creature with psychotic schizophrenia episodes. Strange choice, even for a anti hero.

That could be anything from a hardcore first-person stealth-or-die to yet another light-stealth special-move-combat beat-'em-up LotR franchise like all the ones that came before.

It is a shame, that game trailers do not even hint at the general genre of the game. Could literally even be a trading card game with scinematics between rounds.

But playing Gollum in a hardcore first-person stealth-or-die would certainly be the best i could ever hope for.
So i guess we can rule that out.
Second-best would be a Styx2/3-like. But that would still be way off the mainstream (even though, Styx2/3 are console games).

At least, a trading card game is also unlikely - so there is still hope...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just stumbled accross this game called "Ninja Simulator", which is yet to be released. There is very little info on it, but I am hoping it will be executed well and in the style of Tenchu, which was a blast back in the days!! But judging by the title, I won't get my hopes up too high as anything with the suffix "Simulator" is usually rather crappy!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1323140/Ninja_Simulator/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2020 at 9:47 AM, STiFU said:

I just stumbled accross this game called "Ninja Simulator", which is yet to be released. There is very little info on it, but I am hoping it will be executed well and in the style of Tenchu, which was a blast back in the days!! But judging by the title, I won't get my hopes up too high as anything with the suffix "Simulator" is usually rather crappy!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1323140/Ninja_Simulator/

A real stealth game? Do my eyes deceive me? :)

Bookmarked it in Steam, thanks for the heads up. Hope it will be as good as it looks. Not quite my theme, but, hey... I take whatever is thrown at me, if it's remotely stealth gameplay...

• 3 weeks later...

I can understand everything.

Here's a game that's banned for having a joke about "Xi Jinping Winnie the Pooh moron".

What. The. Fuck.

https://gamasutra.com/view/news/375331/GOG_backtracks_on_Devotion_relaunch_hours_after_it_was_announced.php

Edited by Anderson
"Xi Jinping Winnie the Pooh moron"
  • Like 1

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

9 hours ago, Anderson said:

I can understand everything.

Here's a game that's banned for having a joke about "Xi Jinping Winnie the Pooh moron".

What. The. Fuck.

https://gamasutra.com/view/news/375331/GOG_backtracks_on_Devotion_relaunch_hours_after_it_was_announced.php

It's hard to say what's worse, the greed underpinning the decision, or the blatant lie about "many messages from gamers".

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mistakes or not, did you see the state the game is in in the footage they've shown in 2020? It's not even half way finished. Classic example of bad management in a crowdfunded project.

Apart from that I would have much more liked it if they would have stuck to their original idea, to make it more SS 2 like. But, that's just my opinion. The rest is just factual bad management in development really. I can't even imagine how they can go on developing the game, and don't run out of money. 

Hard to say from the footage as they more or less shows the same ingame pics that have been floating around the net for some years. They might be further ahead than we think but it is hard to see if all we get are pics from the older development version. A good strategy right now would probably be to show some new ingame footage to alleviate concerns about this.