The Dark Mod Forums

2016+ Games news

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fallout: New California full mod now available   https://www.dsogaming.com/news/massive-fallout-new-vegas-fan-prequel-fallout-new-california-is-now-available-for-download/    

And Hell yes -  

Posted Images

Fair enough. A bit of a discount wouldn't hurt anyway though. I don't expect much, after all, you could get the trilogy and Andromeda for about 10 € a lot of times now. 10 or 20 € off would be great. Paying full price for games which I already own, just because they are remastered is a bit harsh. I'd have to consider not buying the remaster at all then. After all, I still can play the old versions.

I don't hate EA, I don't hate the games industry. I think everyone should get his fair share, and the industry also won't live long without publishers, investors and producers. It's more about EA making their games attractive to me. 

I just hope this time over they fix the bugs the older versions had, like the god awfull map collision errors so you get stuck standing on something and cannot get free unless you load a previous save.

I cannot fathom why bugs like those where newer fixed as they are pretty game breaking, but even mass effect 3 had them (anyone remember trying to talk to joker in the cockpit ugh...).

TBH, the only game of the Trilogy I really played was Mass Effect 1. Which I stopped at some point, because it really became too monotone and generic. I played Andromeda a bit then, which I really liked. It's a massive feature monster though, there's so much you can do, and so many materials and stuff to craft that it became a bit too tedious TBH. 

Happy to give the Legendary Edition a shot though. Maybe they've done some good things to ME 1 especially.

I hope this means free achievements for those who own Mass Effect 1. But EA will probably make a standalone version of Mass Effect 1, whereby legacy owners of Mass Effect 1 inbefore this remake don't get anything.

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

35 minutes ago, revelator said:

I just hope this time over they fix the bugs the older versions had, like the god awfull map collision errors so you get stuck standing on something and cannot get free unless you load a previous save.

I cannot fathom why bugs like those where newer fixed as they are pretty game breaking, but even mass effect 3 had them (anyone remember trying to talk to joker in the cockpit ugh...).

I had a pretty smooth ride with ME series, but I played them all on X360 back then. I'm really curious what changes and improvements they made to ME1 (elevators! :D), as this one was quite different from the successors.

it seems they streamlined ME1 so it follows the gameplay from ME2/ME3 weapon specialization was reworked so even if your class was not one that could normally use say a sniper rifle you could still fire it, you just cannot allocate any points in the skill tree.

well the weapon specialization rework is a bit strange as you could still use weapons which you normally did not have any specialization in even in old ME1 the only downside besides not being able to allocate points for those where that you could not focus the reticule so basically you shot from the hip if you had no specialization in that weapon. So if i got this right it means they reworked it so now you can focus the reticule but you cant allocate any points in said weapon.

@chakkman

ME2 was very different from ME1 bit like a mirror counterpart. Some even call it the best mass effect game though i like all of them equally it kinda gives a new perspective.

• Thanks 1

I remember ME1 as a more standard PC RPG kind of game, and definitely more focus on inventory management. ME2 and later got so much popularity because they trimmed all the fat, focusing mostly on story, choices, and combat.

The fun thing with mass effect was that you could do things both ways, most would probably select a heroic type but a few went dark side and discovered that even though they played a dark shepard they could still get the same outcome, It is a game with no truely good or evil. I allways played as someone a bit flawed in most peoples opinion since i was neither, but in the long run i managed to get just as far as a true paragon or renegade shepard. Ofc both sides can make a true mess of things as well especially in ME2 where some choices would leave you with no other survivors than yourself and if you truely bungled it not even you would survive.  The mixed up character i created was more like a real person than some hyped up hero type, and i loved how it played out.

• 3 weeks later...