The Dark Mod Forums

Lightgem not working when running OBS

Nico A.

The title explains pretty much everything.

When Open Broadcaster Software is open as well as TDM, the lightgem does not change its brightness no matter where I move.

If OBS is not open, everything works properly.

Which is unfortunate, since I wanted to record a video of ingame TDM.

Did someone come across this issue before?

I did not yet...

1. Which other free recording program is out there with similar functionality to OBS?

2. Why should OBS or any recording program affect TDM in such a way?

There's also a problem with OBS that whenever the compass is on the screen, OBS record just that and nothing else.

Ruined several recording attempts of a few maps.

Fraps works just fine if you have a beefy system and fast HDD to record to, otherwise it will murder your FPS.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

I just recorded something last night with OBS and the lightgem was visible as normal.

• 3 months later...

There's also a problem with OBS that whenever the compass is on the screen, OBS record just that and nothing else.

Ruined several recording attempts of a few maps.

Fraps works just fine if you have a beefy system and fast HDD to record to, otherwise it will murder your FPS.

Can you give more info on that?

Here's how it looks for me (intel hd 5500)

Untitled.png

I'll try and look into it. However since that post, I have a different (worse) video card, so the environment isn't the same.

Also everything has changed, OBS has gone through many versions, so I doubt the problem is still there.

So, I'll try and check tonight though.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.