The Dark Mod Forums

Deus Ex mod - like Dark mod is to Thief?

tefdal

Why do you think that this is a joke?

I would like to hear the opinions of others,

My answer is a joke, man! (Right->picture @right is the right one for me)

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

which background do you prefer? a (live) ingame background or just a picture.

When a mission is selected, an ingame screenshot would be best as it adds life to the menu.

But for a platform supporting missions with different "moods" and when no mission is selected, the skyline is better because it is more "distant", neutral and generic.

• 2 weeks later...

I uploaded a new version of my fm to my google drive.

This version can be seen as an very early alpha.

It was long ago when i uploaded a new version, because of the noncommercial vs gpl (and then copy your collected work and possibility to-see-it-behind-somebodys-paywall) discussion with me and MirceaKitsune.

(i dont want that people have to pay for something, others created/collected in there spare time)

But i love to see a cyberpunk fm mission using the tdm-engine, happen. So here is my contribution.

Almost All the rights are applied. License files/proof in the folder and pk4.

Wip 20171105

Changed the distribution file structure.

Added jon ivans blade runner map as a test mission

Changed his load screen, so its look like the darkmission collection.

Edited by freyk
  • Like 1

Info: My portfolio and darkmod graphical installer
Amnesty for Bikerdude!

I uploaded a new version of my fm to my google drive.

This version can be seen as an very early alpha.

It was long ago when i uploaded a new version, because of the noncommercial vs gpl (and then copy your collected work and possibility to-see-it-behind-somebodys-paywall) discussion with me and MirceaKitsune.

(i dont want that people have to pay for something, others created/collected in there spare time)

But i love to see a cyberpunk fm mission using the tdm-engine, happen. So here is my contribution.

Almost All the rights are applied. License files/proof in the folder and pk4.

Wip 20171105

Changed the distribution file structure.

Added jon ivans blade runner map as a test mission

Changed his load screen, so its look like the darkmission collection.

I really dig the vibe of this project. Unfortunately there seems to be quite a lot of assets missing even though the splash screen would have you think otherwise. Is this normal?

Here's what the street looks like:

KMUcnP4.jpg

• Like 2

@Goldwell:

Thats the vibe i creating for.

The added mission is an example to show you all, how a mission can look like.

Its a excisting D3 map, without the doom 3 textures and assets.

I dont have mapping experience to replace the missing d3-textures and -assets. And expand/rebuild this mission.

I was hoping that a mapper and other people would like to help me with this project.

@Judith: Thanks.

It's just a concept to show others, what i had in mind.

And I know the interface can be better.

This is my first time i ported (changed and redesigned) an interface.

and MirceaKitsune is working on another one.

Edited by freyk

Amnesty for Bikerdude!

I really dig the vibe of this project. Unfortunately there seems to be quite a lot of assets missing even though the splash screen would have you think otherwise. Is this normal?

Here's what the street looks like:

Gosh... that is looking pretty awesome! Really good work so far :D It's motivating to see something like this in TDM at last.

I'd rather have waited till I ported more of the texture packages I'm bringing in from Xonotic. However I can't blame you, since I'm being so darn slow to work on my fork :( I'm stuck at making new arrow models right now, due to the lwo not loading because of missing collision issues... once I have the new bow in Git I should be able to focus on more things again.

About cyberpunk things, there's a new version of Revision for Deus Ex ;)

http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-ex-revision/downloads/deus-ex-revision-patch-cumulative

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

Well it's a good start.

There are lots of little things to clean up.

I'd have the crosshair a bit smaller and thinner, and more polish in the interface.

Also, somebody mentioned before calling it Dark Machina, which is a direct hybrid of Dark Mod and Deus Ex Machina, and the Dark Machine just sounds cool.

That's getting my vote so far. The Dark Mission is waaay too generic IMO.

(If you wanted it entirely Greek, it might be Erebus Machina, or Skia Tou Machina)

Anyway, if you want the Doom3 assets and you have the game, you can of course just drop the Doom3 asset pk4s into the Darkmod folder.

(I think. I haven't tested it yet since it's not installed just now. I don't know if it might break the mod)

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Of course. I was just saying if people wanted to see that map in its full glory that's what they can do for now.

Naturally, replacing all those assets will not only let people see the full map, but also be a good base for your TC.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

You look like you could use some more content. Take this pk4 and toss it alongside your current FM resources, and open up "box.map".

I did a little bit of work in this area years ago when I thought to myself, "TDM is definitely powerful enough to do some out-of-the-box settings. I wonder if I could make a sci-fi setting?" So I wrote definitions for a bunch of CC BY-NC-ND textures, shamelessly stole a wrench weapon from another D3 mod, and got to work on a map.

I didn't get much more done other than a small hallway, and a fancy door with special AI-handling. But open 'er up and give it a whirl, noclip around (there's only three rooms). I'd much rather someone get some use out of it than it sit unused on my hard drive.

post-2515-0-96262900-1510170738_thumb.jpg

post-2515-0-89525400-1510170744_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

yay seuss crease touss dome in ouss nose tair

There we go again

Thanks for the suggestions, again.

Lets call it "the dark module". (but thats mircea branch)

No, at this moment it i will call it the name i given it earlier temporary. (because of product naming problems)

Until i have a project partner, then i will discuss it.

if you want to help, read this post.

@Mortem Desino, thanks i will take a look at it.

But for the wrench, is that coming from Prey 2006? Cant do that without copy infringement.

I was thinking about implementing the frying pan. :P

Edited by freyk

Amnesty for Bikerdude!

• 3 weeks later...

Status 20171129

Changed the tdm 205 loadscreen and added four frames to it.

That shows the darkmissions logo, title, mission title and mission image, instead of displaying only 1 static image.

At this moment i'm comparing Mortem Desino code how he changed the weapons.

I would add the pistol from d3 mod quake 2 lost marine to the darkmissions arsenal and change his features.

(see spoiler for a demo of the pistol)

post-13309-0-15876500-1511989213_thumb.jpg

Edited by freyk
  • Like 1

Amnesty for Bikerdude!

• 3 weeks later...

Though I'm not much in the thematic of this - If you're looking for music alike in Deus Ex you may look no further then at abandonware/freeware tracks from Command & Conquer 2: Tiberian Sun:

Edited by Anderson

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...