The Dark Mod Forums

DarkRadiant 2.2.0 pre-release testing

Here's the next 2.2.0 pre5 build for motivated mappers to test.

Installer x64: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5l3W4qqEX26Q3pKcDR3SlBPR1E
Portable x64: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5l3W4qqEX26SU8ycWdPd0x1SXM

Installer x86: -
Portable x86: -

If you happen to run into a crash, please record a crashdump: How to record a crashdump

Changes since 2.1.0 can be seen on the Bugtracker changelog, important stuff includes so far:

- Make rotation manipulator's pivot point moveable
- Sound Chooser doesn't preselect the shader when editing a s_shader spawnarg
- Measurement tool for distance (Ctrl-Alt-MMB in OrthoView)

- Add option to validate that Conversation actors are existing in the map

- Add sound shader and animation selection dialog to Conversation Command Editor

- Colour of grouped objects is customisable now

- A number of Linux-related fixes

Since 2.2.0pre1

- Added Model Scale Manipulator

- Fixed crash in Slackware Linux

- LayerControlDialog's Hide/Show All button is not graying out correctly

- Rewrote MenuManager implementation

- Fixed rare crash opening Texture Tool

- Layer submenu items in OrthoContextmenu not working in wxGTK

- Added indicator to Layer Dialog to show whether anything in the current selection is part of this layer

- Added Layer Usage Breakdown tab to Map Info Dialog

- Linux/Ubuntu: Stim/Response Editor partly doesn't work, also crashes DarkRadiant

- Fixed various crashes in Linux related to Stim/Response Editor

Since 2.2.0pre2

- Resolved: Clicking Entity Pane Columns Messes Up Spawnarg Order

- Fixed tons of g++ 6.2 compiler warnings

- Fixed: DarkRadiant crashes when "Load last map" option is active

- Fixed: Worldspawn is not saved as Entity 0 in some scenarios

- Added support for shift/scale/rotation keywords of ASE model

- Added option to be able to snap rotation origin to grid

Since 2.2.0pre3

- Fixed Slackware build error

- Fixed crash when loading ASE models containing surfaces with *MESH_NUMTVERTEX == 0

Since 2.2.0pre4

- Readable Editor not marking the map as modified after hitting "Save and Close"

- Readable Editor refusing to save xdata file if fs_game is set to an absolute path

- Compilation fixes for Mac OS X

Edited by greebo

I like the measurement tool. One piece of probably unintended behaviour: when the tool is active, pressing MMB to rotate the 3D camera will make the measuring lines disappear, but still create a node (though subsequent MMB presses won't); the nodes still exist and will reappear when the tool is used again with Ctrl+Alt+MMB, with the new node being connected to the previous one.

Some things I'm repeatedly thinking about...

- louder scream when you're dying

Yes, but the package they provide for xenial is broken. DR crashes when I try to start it.

(Discussion over here: http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18409-trying-to-run-darkradiant-on-ubuntu-1604-lts/)

I'm not sure whether this is packaging related or some bug in the code itself.

I recall that I ran into the same crash with orbweaver's DR 2.0.2 built for vivid.

Edited by Nightcrawler

Hi greebo,

do you have some release date in mind? (Debian's freeze is approaching [1] -- so if it is ready by mid-Jan* I'll make sure to upload in time :))

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2016/11/msg00002.html --

* It has to be uploaded >10 days before freeze -- deadline around Jan 25, but I also need a few days on my side.

--

tobi

Edited by coldtobi

No, usually I try to code on stuff until my time and motivation runs out and then go into one ore more round of pre-release tests with the fellow mappers around here. I could call it a day earlier if necessary.

What's the policy if we miss the freeze date? No darkradiant package for Debian, or no version updates, just bug fixes?

No, usually I try to code on stuff until my time and motivation runs out and then go into one ore more round of pre-release tests with the fellow mappers around here. I could call it a day earlier if necessary.

What's the policy if we miss the freeze date? No darkradiant package for Debian, or no version updates, just bug fixes?

No worry, Debian 9 ("Stretch") will have at least version 2.1.0.

Bugfixes for a stable are possible, but only to fix (severe) problems (like that what I described for Ubuntu in the boost::python thread)

New versions, though, are generally out of scope -- Even if it would fix a (severe) problem; the fix would be "backported" to the old version instead.

Tobi

• 2 weeks later...

I switched yesterday and everything is working fine. Such a pleasure working with the new Conversation Editor GUI! Major props to greebo for implementing my suggestion. :blush:

I have, however, noticed a weird GUI glitch with the Layers system. This has been present for a few versions now and I'm not sure when or how it appeared. I have attached an image that will show what I'm talking about. Basically, this giant rectangular check box has appeared - clicking it does nothing and there is no way to get rid of it.

Any suggestions as to how I can remove it?

BoCirSI.png

Edited by Dunedain19

@greebo, it has been happening with previous releases - not just pre-release builds.

@bikerdude, my system specs are:

• Windows 7 Professional (64 bit)
  • 8 GB RAM
  • Intel i5 2500K
  • Nvidia GTX 560 Ti (1 GB)

In order to get the issue to appear, all I have to do is simply load my main WIP map and then open up the layers window (Ctrl + L). Curiously enough, when I boot up DR and start a fresh mapping session, the strange extra box does not appear. However, if I load my main WIP map and then switch to a blank map - but without restarting DR - the strange box remains. So having done this, I suspect that there is obviously some issue with this WIP map in particular. Because the map is extensive, I have created about 60 layers to make it more manageable, would this have any impact?

Edited by Dunedain19

There's an oddity in the entity pane I think has been there for a while. Seldom I would misclick a spawnarg and hit one of the columns on the top. Then I'm screwed as I have to restart DR because all the spawnargs are ordered differently (in alphabetical order), which gets very confusing. Clicking the columns sorts the spawnargs in ascending/descending but never reverts the order to default.

post-37271-0-55691600-1485001910.jpg

As this is strictly a wxWidgets thing, I'd think it would be an easy fix. The model viewer's columns don't have the same behaviour and I don't know how many people really use alphabetical ordering what with the search box.

My FMs: The King of Diamonds (2016) | Visit my Mapbook thread sometimes! | Read my tutorial on Image-Based Lighting Workflows for TDM!