The Dark Mod Forums

The "V-Man leaking his own vids" thread

V-Man339

I like you guys and I tend to post things here before they're properly annotated, described and scheduled so often I figured I would make my own thread for it.

Feel free to delete this if it breaks any rules or clutters things, mods!

And feel free to give feedback so that I can annotate and describe more effectively.

Edit:

These videos have been published, removing for redundancy.

Edited by V-Man339

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.

Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.

They're two Shadow Warrior 2 videos I intend to release later on, in which I've buffed reload and fire rate on weapons significantly.

Anything I haven't finished, published, or consider a work in progress will be posted here because you guys have more valued feedback to me than anyone else.

Edited by V-Man339

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.

So you changed the weapon reload speed and fire rate in Shadow Warrior 2 and then you post a Let's play video you did on Metal Gear 1, if I understand correctly. Hm I personally don't fully understand what kind of feedback you expect now..? :huh:

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

So you changed the weapon reload speed and fire rate in Shadow Warrior 2 and then you post a Let's play video you did on Metal Gear 1, if I understand correctly. Hm I personally don't fully understand what kind of feedback you expect now..? :huh:

Whatever you guys wanna' post, whether the video is slow or not, if there's any flaws in the run, if the game looks interesting.

I'm really just posting this stuff for any free thoughts you guys have, as you are, in my opinion, the largest group of qualified critiques of my specific sub-genre of work

Edited by V-Man339

• 3 weeks later...

Someone gifted me Hitman™ against my will and now I'm going to be using it whenever I need filler.

These are just the videos I haven't released so far.

Edit: Videos published, removed from thread.

Edited by V-Man339

This is Neon Struct.

I'm not a huge fan of this game, and the only reason I'm covering it is because nobody else has bothered to do so in a manner I would find suitable.

It has little in the way of atmosphere, is largely a Thief knockoff that doesn't do anything to stand out, and generally speaking feels very amateur despite the large price it has.

I have seen fan missions both for Thief Gold, 2 and the Dark Mod that outclass this game.

Edit: Videos published, and removed from thread.

Edited by V-Man339

Btw is the nickname V-Man a reference to Richard Nixon?

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

• 2 weeks later...

I would describe this level of Alekhine's Gun as the best, alongside the level set in Chinatown, albeit for different reasons.

Red Dragon, the fourth mission, is great for being like a good Hitman level with solid social stealth design.

This mission, Dogs of War, is great for being what amounts to a Metal Gear mission in terms of design, with no sense that cut content was left lying about like most of the other missions. Linear and focused in design, it feels good through and through.

Edit: Videos published, and removed from thread

Edited by V-Man339

• 2 weeks later...

Edited by V-Man339

• 3 weeks later...

And with that I have once again become the first person to cover the entirety of a Death to Spies game on hardest difficulty with best rating.

Edited by V-Man339

This is the next April Fools day video.

Act surprised when I publish it!

Edited by V-Man339

Edited by V-Man339

Edited by V-Man339

Edited by V-Man339

• 2 months later...

Metal Gear Solid 4 routing.

I actually chuckle at this game because while it's technically ghosting it's probably the loudest ambient noise of all time in a game I've ghosted since I'm sneaking through a war zone most of time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Testing how feasible no kill runs are of this game, the first mission in particular being really, really tight about it.

I wouldn't really suggest playing like this on authentic difficulty since you can't save, and generally speaking there's just a few too many randomized factors at play. As well, relying on the camera without spotting to see where guards are would be absolute hell.

I can safely say I've never seen a game reflect the hopelessness of a zombie apocalypse like this one does on hardest settings.

Edited by V-Man339

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm thinking of publishing this on April 1st

Edited by V-Man339

• 2 weeks later...

The master list, thus far, of Clandestine videos,

Edited by V-Man339

• 2 months later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIw6_09I2QI

In 1990 the first stealth game to truly feel like you were sneaking was born.

I'll be ghosting it.

Edit: One video of the two published, removed from thread.

Edited by V-Man339

• 2 months later...