The Dark Mod Forums

T2 Campaign: Godbreaker by Random taffer (26-01-2017)

Bikerdude

Pxkf9gM.jpg

Story:

Whass’at? Who goes?! No…never mind, must’ve been rats. Or one’a them grubbers again. ALWAYS with the grubbers in this city… Wait, what?! I knew it! It’s not rodents or whatever grubbers are (Mollusks? Cephalopods?), but a taffin’ pack of treacherous, skulking thieves!

Well I’m Guard Captain The Mike, letting you know that you’ll not be going an inch further! You probably wanted to see what was inside the mansion of the Dennison family, didn’t’cha?! Well, your black little thieving hearts will grieve to hear that his famous jeweled scepter has already been stolen by Conall, the notorious Master Thief. Not my fault, by the way! Not every man can be alert 100-percent of the time! Plus, at the moment of the theft, me an’ Benny were locked in an intense thumb war, and that’s not something a prideful man can just walk away from!

As for Conall…well, forgive my villainous laughter and mustache twirling (seriously though, I can’t help it—it’s a condition), but the guy is just as doomed as all of you! What? Were you planning on nicking one of his old maps and following him to the likes of Nilbog? As if you could survive those murky waters, where venomous snakes and poisonous man-eating plants are two of your LEAST pressing concerns. Hell, I have a two year Associates Degree in Advanced Guarding with a minor in Rat Noise Recognition and even I wouldn’t last one Builder-damned second in that haunted place!

Or maybe you wanted to follow him to the Shadepool district of the City? Scale its interconnected rooftops, hop from window to window uncovering one horrifying buried secret after another—an that’s before you even got to the towering Hammerite cathedral or the hideout of the mage assassins! Yar, I did indeed say “mage assassins,” and I’m aware how taffin’ incredible that sounds, but my Guard Captain training has taught me to resist the urge to throw up my hands in the Trickster horns—the universal symbol of all things most Metal.

But…no, I know your type! You were planning on just sticking around here and robbing our poor dancing hobos of their deer legs, weren’t you?! You’re all even more depraved than I thought! Well, I’m afraid there’ll be no perilous adventuring for you lot on this night! You’re all headed to a nice cozy jail cell, where you’ll have naught to do but lean back and think about the incredible adventure you’re all most certainly NOT about to partake in. Only…the local jailer likes to lean against the bars with his key ring dangling perilously close to the openings, so no swiping them! We’re on the honor system here!

-The Mike, Captain of the Guard

Download Links: (The mission is very large for aT2 campaign, weighing in at nearly 900MB)

Loot List:

Notes:

Please use the follwing threads for mission comments and help -

Asking you would probably promt a faster response :)

How do I use the mantling thing in the game? I changed the cfg file, but I don't know how to use it.

How you been doing by the way?

(Not on my machine, In Europé, but it works excellent )

My hobby built desktop is: XFX Play Hard-nVidia nForce 790i Ultra SLI

Onboard is:

CPU: Intel Socket 775

VGA: nVidia GeForce EVGA GTX-260

RAM: DDRIII 16Gb

HDD: 2 Tb

All service packs and latest drivers installed.

Haha, just short of a gigabyte.

Even today that's still pretty rare.

I trust it's got a lot of great content for that.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Just started on Mission 1 and it is a big learning curve

I was surprised to find that I could run up behind the archer in the apartment and blackjack him which wouldn't have been possible in a DarkMod FM

One question

I searched the starting room and the apartment including the hidden room (the switch was rather too well hidden for my liking) but I still haven't got any lockpicks so have I missed something

Now started part 2 and no lockpicks so I guess that there aren't any

Edited by Oldjim

• 3 weeks later...

Godbreaker and Darkwalls consigned to the bin , wouldn't play after applying all fixes and in addition crashed my ancient desktoo computer, grrrrr.Never again!

Thief Gold and the fixed worked fine though

Biker , I was truly really looking forward to it!

But just wouldn't play.Don't ask me what happened but it really knackered the computer and I had to reload a lot of stuff.

Loaded Metal Age/appled patch etc and zilch.

As I say , doing it with Gold worked an absolute dream.Oh well.

I should have said the old computer is on Windows 10 and I used xp compatibility mode.Haven't a clue why it wont play.Guess I would just need the original game plus the fix thingy as I did with Gold and Skacky's mission which was great btw. Loath to risk another crash too.

Edited by raymeld

Biker , after your comment I was determined to get this one up and running.

I found a great site Seleck.net that walked me through and introduced me to the T2 tool.

You are right , it is a great FM.

Just started on Mission 1 and it is a big learning curve

I was surprised to find that I could run up behind the archer in the apartment and blackjack him which wouldn't have been possible in a DarkMod FM

One question

I searched the starting room and the apartment including the hidden room (the switch was rather too well hidden for my liking) but I still haven't got any lockpicks so have I missed something

Now started part 2 and no lockpicks so I guess that there aren't any

Mission 1 doesn't need lockpicks, mission 2 does have them but for me they don't appear to be bound to F4 & F5, I had to cycle the inventory to find them, might be my setup though I haven't played a T2 mission for a while

EDIT

It would probably help if I used the right keys it's F6 & F7 Duh!

Edited by esme

Shelved this one at least for the present as I've come up against a brick wall with finding some ancient lantern thingy which I think is behind a safe I can't open.Also finding my way around the caves are driving me crazy ,always did prefer the castle Thief settings.

Agree it's well made but enough is enough of those pesky caves!

I can imagine that one may find mission 2 pretty frustrating.

However, if makes you wanting to quit the mission, then consider that you can still press Ctrl-Shift-Alt-End in order to skip that mission and proceed right to the next.

Still some good stuff ahead!

Thanks for the tip gnartsch!

I'd forgotten you could do that with the old Thief.

It really is well done , I've found a lot of the key to the mission spots , it's just I'm not that observant these days and miss things!And crawling around those caves was driving me potty.

I've always known , even from the beginning of my playing Thief, that the street / castle type stealing missions were the ones I liked best.Each to their own I guess.

Warning: Mission four (three is just a long cutscene) starts out pretty tough, but becomes downright amazing after those initial few minutes.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Shelved this one at least for the present as I've come up against a brick wall with finding some ancient lantern thingy which I think is behind a safe I can't open.Also finding my way around the caves are driving me crazy ,always did prefer the castle Thief settings.

Agree it's well made but enough is enough of those pesky caves!

You need a key

remember the octagonal ancient temple bit with the lone crayman patrolling just before the main cray infested temple ?

it's in the roof of that

& I'm very sorry but you need to go through the caves to get there

One tip for the caves, use your compass & follow the caves that lead in roughly the right direction that tends to get you where you want to go

I did have problems finding the hive though

turns out one of the caves had an exit I missed due to a huge eff off spider

Edited by esme

Hi everyone. Thank you all for your kind help.

Super mission(s).

Wow , now playing mission 4 , the City seems to go on and on.What an area to explore.

Nearly finished but for a poor Thief like me I find the loot levels a tad high.Even on normal I need to find 3500 and after climbing all over the place have 2800!

Never got to the sewers , maybe there's some down there if they are reachable.Or maybe I'm missing a big hoard.I think I've covered everywhere else .It's been fun though.

Finished.Great mission , nice city to explore.

Final word ( promise! ) on this mission as I appreciate this forum isn't the place for it , but here goes.

Throughout the mission I was unable to read any readables , i.e scrolls , books , etc.Anybody else come across this?