The Dark Mod Forums

Steam Greenlight: TDM is ranked #1 atm.

Bikerdude

Guys, I need your feedback on something. I was thinking about a mini-series of notes, fast Dark Radiant tips for beginners like me. No flashy intros, no voiceovers, just something like this:

With the whole Greenlight thing going on, I thought I might start this now, to get more people to use DR with confidence.

Great idea!

Ah, about the Steam release and 2.05.....can we eventually fix the years old problem about HUD and Menus stretching (for 16:10 and 16:9 resolutions) ?

AND for custom resolutions add a dedicated window (see the brightness levels one) to write down the customWidth and customHeight?

Not in 2.05, which is being released soon.

Guys, I need your feedback on something. I was thinking about a mini-series of notes, fast Dark Radiant tips for beginners like me. No flashy intros, no voiceovers, just something like this:

With the whole Greenlight thing going on, I thought I might start this now, to get more people to use DR with confidence.

Regarding step by step descriptions, we should point to Fidkal's mapping tutorial. It may be a bit outdated, but it is the best tutorial to get you started. I still regularly look there, when I have forgotten something.

Edited by Destined

It's quite outdated nowadays, but these tips aren't going to replace it anyway. It's more like "stuff I didn't find in Wiki" or "stuff I found in Wiki, but can explain it in 3 sentences, not 3 pages" ;)

Edited by Judith

How many votes are needed to win the election?

Perfect Username.

Perfect Avatar Icon.

Perfect Thread Reply.

:wub::D

(Answer: Threshold is Top 100 percentile but votes alone do not guarantee a win. Curators consider other factors before GreenLight approval. )

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

I can't imagine with our reputation and quiet popularity how we could be turned down, short of some weird technicality. But I think we cross all the t's and dot all the i's, so shouldn't worry.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Desolation_loop is made by Shatten

Schatten is the name.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

Schatten is the name.

Corrected. I thought I pasted it from TDM Authors file, but it was my typo :/ The first proper video is up, by the way.

Also, wtf is with YT recommendation system, instead of other TDM or Fen's videos I get all boobs, trance and dubstep videos :/

Edited by Judith

What is not recommendable about boobs :P

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

Absolutely nothing, how can you be a human and not love boobs? :) But that was more like YT saying "oh, you're a gamer", in the most unimaginative way.

About trance, for us veterans of '90s gaming and '90s trance scene, it's a long time due eulogy :o:laugh:

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

Fresh from the cutting room floor... here is the first cut of my TDM greenlight trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK4xJ_Lx9-U

I would love to hear some thoughts and opinions on this bad or good and if you have any recommendations for improvements please feel free to speak up.

My hope is that this trailer represents the dark mod community as a whole and can be used as promotional material for the steam greenlight page!

Are we really available on Mac?

I hope so... :P

Edited by Goldwell

Excellent video Goldwell! Really good to see something updated vs outdated information.

Any possibility we'll be seeing this pop up on the TDM twitter account guys? It's a lonely account, it hasn't had an update in a while. :D

Modeler galore & co-authors literally everything

I hope so... :P

http://www.thedarkmod.com/download-the-mod/

Since TDM 1.08 there is no longer support for Mac OSX, but with help from one of our forum members Freyk you can install and play TDM via PlayOnMac. Follow the directions here: Forum Post

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/16226-graphical-installers-for-tdm/?do=findComment&comment=391506

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)