The Dark Mod Forums

DarkRadiant 2.2.1 released

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just me or is cycling through objects by clicking iffy? I think it has to do with groups, if I alt+shift+LMB on the orthoview where there's a bunch of objects, DR will cycle through them with each click, but if I try to cycle to, say, a brush under a group of other brushes, it will select the group and never what's beneath it no matter how many times I click. I feel I need a confirmation that's happening with others before I can file a tracker issue.

My FMs: The King of Diamonds (2016) | Visit my Mapbook thread sometimes! | Read my tutorial on Image-Based Lighting Workflows for TDM!

I seem to have done something to my shortcuts. Space no longer clones and esc no longer clears a selection...those commands don't appear in the list of keyboard shortcuts that can be altered...any idea how I get them back?

(clone does appear, actually, but I can't find a way to set "clear selection")

I've uninstalled my previous DR version (2.0.2) yesterday and installed 2.2.1. When I click the launch icon, it gets to "Initialising Modules" and then displays the warning "An unhandled exception occured. Press "Abort" to terminate the program, "Retry" to exit the program normally...", etc. When I Abort, it tells me "***Caught unhandled unknown exception; terminating".

Any thoughts on where I messed up ? Maybe the previous map folder is clashing with the new content and I need to nuke my old maps ?

Map files present in folders won't crash DR. Maybe you have some leftover DLL in your installation folder, can you check whether the wavefront.dll is present in the modules/ or plugins/ folder?

To be safe, you can uninstall DR and check for any remnants in the installation directory and get rid of it. Then install the current version again.

No wavefront.dll.

Does it make a difference if I have 2.2.1 installed in Program Files ?

No, the installation folder doesn't make a difference.

You might try to download the portable version (the 7zipped one) and extract that to some folder. Does that version work for you?

I think I might have had a similar problem when I was trying to get 2.0.2 to work back in the day. However, this time, it seems to be less surmountable than when I was fixing 2.0.2.

What I know:

- when I uninstalled 2.0.2, it didn't seem to leave anything behind, the whole DarkRadiant folder was gone from Program Files

- removing the DR folder in AppData/Roaming after installing 2.2.1 does nothing to get DR going

- the wavefront.dll doesn't appear in either modules or plugins.

- loading of DR fails at "initialising modules"

What I don't know:

- are the modules a brand new feature in DR ? I haven't worked on maps in DR for a while, so I don't remember.

- whether my existing map folders and map files (in darkmod/maps) are messing with 2.2.1 in one way or another

Here's what my DR poster looks like now:

post-35080-0-68972300-1488580371_thumb.png

Edited by Petike the Taffer

No, the modules have been there from the beginning.

The map files are not touched until you load them through the menus, your DR instance is crashing far earlier than that.

Does the portable version work for you?

Can you show the contents of your darkradiant.log file after it crashed? It's in the AppData\blah\Roaming\DarkRadiant folder.

No, the modules have been there from the beginning.

The map files are not touched until you load them through the menus, your DR instance is crashing far earlier than that.

Does the portable version work for you?

Can you show the contents of your darkradiant.log file after it crashed? It's in the AppData\blah\Roaming\DarkRadiant folder.

All right. I'll try to find the portable version if this one keeps failing.

For the time being, though, here's the download link to that apparent log of my DR crashes.

Maybe I need a new Visual C++ redistributable ? Is that the issue ?

Here's a screenshot of my current modules folder in DR:

post-35080-0-60470800-1488625344_thumb.png

Hope it helps.

Is 32-bit still supported ? I downloaded and installed the 32-bit (x86) version of 2.2.1. I can't find a portable version for 32-bit, only 64-bit.

There's the portable 32 bit version: https://github.com/codereader/DarkRadiant/releases/download/2.2.1/darkradiant-2.2.1-x86.portable.7z

It's still kind of supported, although I don't know whether anyone is still using that around here, since everything has been 64 bits since almost a decade now.

This is what the log says:

2017-03-03 23:17:58 (5172) ModuleLoader: Loading module 'C:/Program Files/DarkRadiant/modules\archivezip.dll'
2017-03-03 23:17:58 (5172) GetProcAddress failed: 'RegisterModule'
2017-03-03 23:17:58 (5172) GetLastError: 00710F18 WARNING: Could not find symbol RegisterModule in module C:/Program Files/DarkRadiant/modules\archivezip.dll:

This is unusal. Either the DLL files are entirely corrupt or something is preventing DR from accessing the modules.

Do you have any chance of running the x64 version instead of the 32 bit one? What OS type are you running?

Hang on, there's actually something wrong with the x86 version, the entry point symbol "RegisterModule" in the DLL files is wrongly named. I have to check what might have caused this.

There's the portable 32 bit version: https://github.com/codereader/DarkRadiant/releases/download/2.2.1/darkradiant-2.2.1-x86.portable.7z

It's still kind of supported, although I don't know whether anyone is still using that around here, since everything has been 64 bits since almost a decade now.

This is what the log says:

2017-03-03 23:17:58 (5172) ModuleLoader: Loading module 'C:/Program Files/DarkRadiant/modules\archivezip.dll'

2017-03-03 23:17:58 (5172) GetProcAddress failed: 'RegisterModule'

2017-03-03 23:17:58 (5172) GetLastError: 00710F18 WARNING: Could not find symbol RegisterModule in module C:/Program Files/DarkRadiant/modules\archivezip.dll:

This is unusal. Either the DLL files are entirely corrupt or something is preventing DR from accessing the modules.

Do you have any chance of running the x64 version instead of the 32 bit one? What OS type are you running?

Ouch ! My pride has taken a hit.

It's ironic, really. I originally wanted to buy a 64-bit Win 7, but someone talked me out of it and I've been saddled with a 32-bit ever since. Given that no new licenses are on sale, I'm stuck with 32-bit for the foreseeable future. (I have my qualms about moving to 10.)

I'm glad we've found the issue, though.

I've uploaded a fixed x86 build for you, grab it here: https://github.com/codereader/DarkRadiant/releases/tag/2.2.1

You're the best ! :D Thank you. Glad to have been part of this little investigation.

I've just tested the x86/32-bit installer version of 2.2.1, and it's working like a charm.

I recently compiled DR 2.2.1 from source on my laptop running Ubuntu 16.10. (64-bit). I've encountered some weird graphic issues in DR. I'm sure AI models shouldn't look as truncated as in this screenshot:

Bildschirmfoto%20zu%202017-03-04_15-43-4

Nor should objects become undetectable in 2D-Grid-View, when they are selected:

Door_selected.jpg?raw=1

I'm not sure whether this is a bug in DR or something else caused this. Any help is appreciated.

PS: Does anyone know how to how to insert images into a forum post correctly so that they will be displayed here? I clicked on the "Image" icon and entered the URL to my uploaded image, but that doesn't seem to work.

Edited by Nightcrawler

I ran into a crash several times when I tried to open the import prefab dialog box in DR. Running DR under the debugger yields:

Thread 1 "darkradiant" received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x00007ffff5096b08 in wxutil::TreeModel::GetParent(wxDataViewItem const&) const
    () from /usr/local/lib/darkradiant/libwxutil-2.2.1.so

I reported it on the bugtracker here:

http://bugs.thedarkmod.com/view.php?id=4490

Issue with new DR installaion 2.2.1:

Getting problems with items missing - perhaps due to dir seps being both "/" and "\" in path:

I'm going to need a bit more info about your actual problem, I'm afraid.

well - with this new version, whever I am trying to make a new map (the old ones refuse to import with any shaders...) it tells me:

Error:

X

Failure reading map file:

d:\darkmod\fms\woodsie\001.map

Unable to parse map version (parse exception).

This is the same as if I try to create a new map

Game dialogue is setup as older version:

- TDM 2.0 (standalone)

- Path: d:/darkmod/
- Mod (fs_game): fms/woodsie

- Modbase: [null]

It creates the other files (eg, .darkradiant, etc...)

----

One loading an older map from archive, it shows most of the brushes, but AI is missing and there are many no-draw textures.

The console reads as follows:

Loading map from D:/darkmod/fms/woodsie/001.map
Open file d:/darkmod/fms/woodsie/001.map from filesystem...success.
[mapdoom3] Unable to parse map version: DefTokeniser: no more tokens
map load timer: 12.28 second(s) elapsed
--- LoadMapFile ---
unnamed.map
0 brushes
0 patches
0 entities
Loading map from D:/darkmod/fms/woodsie/001.map
Open file d:/darkmod/fms/t/t.map from filesystem...success. // <----------------- ??
AutoSaver: Main window not present or not shown on screen, will wait for another period.
map load timer: 83.38 second(s) elapsed
--- LoadMapFile ---
unnamed.map
0 brushes
0 patches
0 entities

Has something changed in the past few months that I am missing..?

Cheers.

// forget what I said about the syntax - doesn't seem to be an error: "ModuleLoader: Loading module 'D:/DarkRadiant/plugins\dm.editing.dll'
Module registered: DarkMod Editing"

On inserting a brush or even simple prefab, throws red console warn:

Edited by teh_saccade

One map is working, albeit one I wanted to delete...

However, the screenshot registers is as being the "kind of diamonds mission", while all lighting appears to have been destroyed:

http://imgur.com/a/557QJ

Think it might be a time for a complete wipe and reinstall of the game and editor...

• Like 1