The Dark Mod Forums

Pagan Concept

Springheel

I wasn't thinking when I did this that fur is probably a bitch to texture. But it's just one example of a pagan concept. (These are the outside-the-city pagans, not the urban 'gypsy' pagans)

pagan1.jpg

Looks very mongolian, it's a nice concept, but the face deosn't feel very much like what i would expect from a pagan of any kind, it's a bit too asian.

Remember, gypsys and such (since both pagans are offshoots of an original single following i'm assuming) are Romanian in origin in our world, so having them look more like that might be better.

But i digress, it looks good.

Edited by god_is_my_goldfish

http://www.thirdfilms. com

A Thief's Path trailer is now on Youtube!

I love it. The tattoos and hairstyle in perfect. Perhaps he has too much clothes on for a Celt though, who often rode naked into battle upon bareback pigs wielding cooking apples. Much better that the Thief pagan design.

I don't think the face is too mongolian myself, that's pretty much how they looked.

I didn't see it as mongolian either. The hairstyle and moustache are very celtic.

I plan on having a bare-chested one as well, but I thought I would save that for the 'elite' version, to make them really stand out. :)

Yeah, I like also, the face looks a little to asian there, but that can be changed for the model. I think it'd be better without the fur wrap. just a bare chest covered in woad markings would be nice..but I suppose we can have some with the fur and some bare chested.

Maybe the males could have the fur, and the females could be bare chested.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

Maybe the males could have the fur, and the females could be bare chested.

One of the hallmarks of paganism is the entirely equal status of male and female. There was no pressure on women to hide themselves as in the current christian culture.

So we must have bare chested women, or the pagan gods will get angry and send bees after us.

THat's true, MAcsen, Celts had no problem with nudity. Most of them would go completely naked in their dwellings.

At least the Ulster celts anyway) I've like reading history, and I read one account of an Catalan priest traveling to some holy relic here in the 15th century and encountering a cheiftan, Niall Mór O'Neill. He said they wore 'tunics without lining, reaching to the knee, cut very low at the neck, and they wear great hoods reaching down to the waist, tapering to the width of a finger, they wear neither hose nor shoes, nor to they wear breeches, but they wear their spurs on their bare heels'

The common people wore what they could 'but all the principal ones wear frieze cloaks, and both the women and the men show their shameful parts without shame'

'THe poor people go toally naked. THe queen and her daughters were dressed and girded, but her handmaidens, 20 in number, were dressed as I have told you with their shameful parts showing, and you should know that all those people were no more ashamed of it than showing their faces.'

'Joining them, the Chieftan thew off his clothes and was surprised that I was too bashful to do likewise'

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

In terms of pagan models, I was thinking we wouldn't include any specifically non-combatant models. FM authors can always remove the weapons from the basic version if they want.

basic male (above)

basic female

male berserker (elite with bare chest and double hand-axes)

female shaman

male shaman

I can always add a bare-chested female beserker if we want.

Actually I was going to get a little more shamanic than classic druids, since the latter doesn't look very distinctive compared to our other robed models. The shamans will be a little more fantastic, with some native influence thrown in.

Just to give you a crap idea what I have in mind, to steal the face off Spring's drawing:

druid.jpg

god that movie was AWFUL

I have not seen it, but I don't see how it could be awful if it had Keira Knightley in it... :ph34r:

It's just an example of a female in celtic clothes and woad tattoos.