The Dark Mod Forums

Springheel's 4 Hour Challenge!

Springheel

I played your level yesterday and really enjoyed it. It was both challenging and interesting. Especially getting that loot from the warehouse on expert.

I did find one little issue you probably won't bother with. As you enter and before you pass through the narrow part of the warehouse, on the left side

there is a pile of packages with two mediums resting on each other. When you climb on those the top falls into the bottom.

Was a very enjoyable mission, but a lot more enjoyable watching it be made.

Thanks

Neon

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Dark Mod Missions: Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/

Move relevant fonts to another thread -

- http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18824-darkmod-fonts/

Why would you do that? I was perfectly able to move them myself if I wanted to. Now my two posts on the subject makes no sense. :rolleyes:

I did find one little issue you probably won't bother with. As you enter and before you pass through the narrow part of the warehouse, on the left side

there is a pile of packages with two mediums resting on each other. When you climb on those the top falls into the bottom.

Oldjim did find and report that. I thought I fixed it, but realized afterwards that there were two copies of that prefab in the map, and I only fixed one.

Having played it this afternoon - I've picked your mission to break next, Springheel and, after encoding and upload will include it in the "I like missions like this..." thread, along with short, encouraging/suggestion discussion regarding speed-build as a start and not as final for x reasons (even found a few new glitches and have displayed some exploits that I use [perhaps this is not a good idea, as usually they are patched or require creation of world object to replace for function]).

Even completed it on expert (although only on challenging AI behaviour), but had to save once as it was so freaking difficult at this level.

All those packages tend to do this if messed with in the version I downloaded yesterday. But perhaps I interact with them in a different manner to others.

I must say - the AI pathing differences between easy/med/expert diffs. is probably the best I have ever found in TDM FM's - it made the game very interesting and it is something that I hope I see more of in future.

Many surprises and unpredicted encounters.

It took dozens of attempts to complete it on expert: A Matter of Hours (of frustration).