The Dark Mod Forums

Thief 5 Wishlist

Kurshok

I'm more excited about seeing the script for the campaign I wrote for TDM made than Thief 5.

If I could recruit a team to make that, that's what I'd like to see above all and would serve as the best substitute to any Thief 5 we can probably expect from SE.

• Like 1

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Let it rest in peace and dignity.

And let Otherside Entertainment make a worthy spiritual sequel.

• Like 4

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Did I miss something? They're making a new game?

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

We have The Dark Mod.

• Like 1

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

• 5 weeks later...

Not made to a triple-A title: let some indie dev make it. Someone good with new ideas.

Indies don't neccessarely make good games. But I agree that it should be a production with limited resources, aimed at a more specific audience, instead of an AAA production that has to please everyone to make profit. And they should include a level editor. I doubt anyone would know of thief nowadays if there hasn't been DromEd.

• Like 1

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

The real problem is to make a GAME and not a PATCH-GAME. Thief 2014 is a patch of a patch of a patch of an old project.....it's why it feels an empty (beautiful) SHELL.

It's a good (but wrongly partitioned) city layout + stupid quests with a BAD narrative.

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

Wish for thief 5?

That is was thief 4 and called called something other than corridor-thi4f / dishonored clone, but there's no changing that now...

All I know is - considering it's square enix (lord of all things square), probably montréal - it's bottom of my to-pirate list.

Hitman went from being a great game to being... what it is.
Batman is more of the same, but more complicated and with more stuff and I don't have time for all the stuff. Same for Assassin's Creed.
Deus Ex went from awesome to kinda ok to pretty square enix (all things square) decent to I'd rather play Lara Croft now, thanks.
Farcry peaked at 2 for a stealth game and went kinda downhill as consoles became focus - less stealth, more action.
Splinter Cell... that got decent until post-Playstation2. The rest of the franchise was more action focus.

MGS became a long, complicated movie and no-one noticed I hacked my way into the top 50 of the leaderboards until I told them.

Actually - Maybe if they got Clint Hocking (farcry / splinter cell) involved and didn't turn it into a dishonored / deus ex / square clone II, flavour: thief and allowed total level freedom with Mirror's Edge-like movement...

Nah.

Garrett died at the end of T3.

It's about money.

Stealing is liberation of sorts. Modern games don't often offer this in the same way, along with the narrative, the environment, the lore, the aesthetic, the immersion...

The only thieves involved with T5 will likely be the corporations.

Fkn franchises...

Hopefully this is all movie buzz and not real.

New Garrett is OK (big brother role), it's the game structure that is detrimental.

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

Stealing is liberation of sorts. Modern games don't often offer this in the same way, along with the narrative, the environment, the lore, the aesthetic, the immersion...

The only thieves involved with T5 will likely be the corporations.

Fkn franchises...

Hopefully this is all movie buzz and not real.

Nah man, I want dat Thie5...

That fucking shithead. If he could have learned from the mistakes of the 2014 Thief game, that would have been forgivable. But the cocksucker has the gall to be a smug prick about no sequel, despite fans of the series excitement. Fucking cunt.

And don't get me wrong, the 2014 Thief game was good, even if it was crap in comparison to the original series. But to take a crap on a series that kickstarted the stealth genre, was well-loved in its heyday, and make fun of an honest mistake by the guys making a movie out of your own company's game? The fact that the bastard abruptly cancelled Hitman, their current best sEllington series, makes me suspicious. What if he's planning on running the company into the dirt, then taking the insurance money and running?

That fucking shithead. If he could have learned from the mistakes of the 2014 Thief game, that would have been forgivable. But the cocksucker has the gall to be a smug prick about no sequel, despite fans of the series excitement. Fucking cunt.

Don't cut yourself with that edge.

• Like 1