The Dark Mod Forums

New player vocals

Lavender

I know JackFarmer is looking for voice actors for his FM, consider reaching out to him: http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/19948-searching-for-voice-actors/

Last week, Lavender sent me a PM where she explained her decision to do what she decided to do, so now I at least know her side of the whole thing. As I value people's privacy and personal messages are personal, I won't go into any details. She probably won't be returning, even for reasons unrelated to TDM, but regardless, I wish her good luck. I will miss her, though. And I am grateful she thanked me for liking the effort she put up while she was part of this online community. I do feel sad that we'll never get to implement her work into TDM, but oh well, that's life... I wanted to create an FM with a female lead, but as the vocals aren't implemented yet, it'll remain a dream for now. TDM is used to setbacks, so I'm not considering this a total loss, but it is a bit of a pity.

On 4/5/2019 at 8:46 AM, s3zertii said:

Hi All,

I am from England and an English teacher by profession. If you want this kind of voice to fit in with your character profile just ask and send me a script. I would be more than happy to record for you and contribute to the development of this Mod!

Voices add to the mood, character depth and drive of the thief so I suggest we gain more voices. It also allows for modders to have a wider resource to use

Lavender was specifically recording female vocals. We value all contributions here, voice acting included, as long as the sound quality is good and the voicework convincing. :) Here's a sort of hub page on our wiki, with plenty of relevant links to existing voice actors and related stuff: http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=Voice_actors

I myself want to buy a new mic and work on the development of one or two new vocal sets, in my free time. Two character archetypes that might prove interesting. Unfortunately, I've still been busy, but maybe something will materialise in the coming weeks.

On a sidenote, I am now genuinely pondering whether to contact one of our volunteer VAs - Mollyness - and ask whether she'd have any serious interest in the female thief vocal set that Lavender was working on previously.

Edited by Petike the Taffer
  • Like 1