The Dark Mod Forums

What Would You Want to See in a Stealth Game?

Alkalide

Build it for the GPUs of 2022-2027. Real time ray tracing and "real" shadows combined with high dynamic range color. Film noir style. May be possible for a multi-GPU tech demo.

Get rid of the gamma adjustment/world ambient and get the lighting as realistic as possible with the above. No more hiding ON TOP of the dining table while the guard walks around the room.

No more hiding ON TOP of the dining table while the guard walks around the room.

I'm toying with the idea of guards trying to grab and/or tackle you first, if they see you without a weapon drawn or if you're on the opposite side of a large piece of furniture from them. Also maybe having the guards just take you into custody (still resulting in a mission failure) if they succeed in capturing you while you're unarmed, rather than straight-up try to kill you every time. But if they do catch you with a weapon drawn, they will use lethal force to subdue you.

Hobbyist game developer, 3D artist, and electronic music producer. Fan of action-adventure and stealth games.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Status Updates

• Petike the Taffer

I've finally managed to log in to The Dark Mod Wiki. I'm back in the saddle and before the holidays start in full, I'll be adding a few new FM articles and doing other updates. Written in Stone is already done.
      · 0 replies
    • nbohr1more

TDM 15th Anniversary Contest is now active! Please declare your participation: https://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?/topic/22413-the-dark-mod-15th-anniversary-contest-entry-thread/

· 0 replies
    • JackFarmer

@TheUnbeholden
      You cannot receive PMs. Could you please be so kind and check your mailbox if it is full (or maybe you switched off the function)?
      · 1 reply
    • OrbWeaver

I like the new frob highlight but it would nice if it was less "flickery" while moving over objects (especially barred metal doors).
      · 4 replies
    • nbohr1more

Please vote in the 15th Anniversary Contest Theme Poll

· 0 replies