The Dark Mod Forums

TDM Hangout! Chill with fellow TDM gamers

Springheel

I wonder why this got pinned to the 'The Dark Mod' forum and not in the 'Editors Guild'.

Do you really want to attrackt people just hanging out in the more general subforums?

And then asking questions like 'when will it be released?' and other random noise?

If that channel should serve as a better means for actual mappers to provide help to each other, then you will be getting the wrong kind of audience, I am afraid.

Edited by gnartsch

----.Delete.-----

Edited by Anderson

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

I wonder why this got pinned to the 'The Dark Mod' forum and not in the 'Editors Guild'.

Do you really want to attrackt people just hanging out in the more general subforums?

And then asking questions like 'when will it be released?' and other random noise?

If that channel should serve as a better means for actual mappers to provide help to each other, then you will be getting the wrong kind of audience, I am afraid.

Not a big deal. Elitist gnartsch, Sad! But adding another 1 or 2 text channels like #mapping should help.

Not a big deal. Elitist gnartsch, Sad! But adding another 1 or 2 text channels like #mapping should help.

Not only that, but Discord allows assigning roles to members, so only permitted chat members can access a mapping channel if discretion is wanted.

My FMs: The King of Diamonds (2016) | Visit my Mapbook thread sometimes! | Read my tutorial on Image-Based Lighting Workflows for TDM!

Not only that, but Discord allows assigning roles to members, so only permitted chat members can access a mapping channel if discretion is wanted.

There could be a #newbie channel for general/starting questions, and then #mapping restricted to users who have released 1 FM.

There could be a #newbie channel for general/starting questions, and then #mapping restricted to users who have released 1 FM.

Not fair. Some people map without ever releasing a map. Discrimination.

• Like 3

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

The channel isn't just for mappers. It's for anyone interested in TDM, even if they just want to socialize.

If things get busy enough to warrant it, we can make separate channels. But that hasn't been a problem so far.

• Like 2

Yeah at this point it's more important to maximize the number of participants & not divide it.

• Like 2

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

The discord.gg link Springheel put above should work in the join server thing

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

Ahh yes glad our server had a repost again. I want to encourage other members of Discord (even for direct message and PMs) as it features a speedy file transfer option adaquate for handling small files, textures, maps, etc. The default is an 8mb cap but it can go to 50 if you're one of those folks who foots a small bill to support Discord. NOTE: You're never asked to pay anything in Discord, the only thing it grants is extra privileges if you feel inclined to do so.

If things get busy enough to warrant it, we can make separate channels. But that hasn't been a problem so far.

I still say we should have a maps and art thread to avoid immediate announcement/content burial. I know people like to talk maps and models a lot and it's kinda nice to have a select corner for the eye candy. Beyond that I think the other two we have is fine. Maybe a poll to see what people think?

• Like 2

Modeler galore & co-authors literally everything

Man I have to get on this Discord trend - everyone seems to be doing it.

I have never heard of it before :P

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

Yeah. I'm not the trendy guy :)

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

• 1 year later...

Great idea, joined. Should also add a link to it in the description of every video on the Dark Mod Channel ie default it into description for future uploads

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Dark Mod Missions: Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/

• 3 years later...