The Dark Mod Forums

DarkRadiant 2.3.0 released

DarkRadiant 2.3.0 is available for download. This is a feature release containing many bugifxes and stabilisations, plus a few features and tweaks. It's recommended to prefer this version over any previous release.

Windows Downloads are available on github: https://github.com/codereader/DarkRadiant/releases/tag/2.3.0

Thanks go out to our ever-reliable pre-release testers!

Please report any bugs or feature requests here in these forums, following these guidelines:

• Bugs (including steps for reproduction) can go directly on the tracker. When unsure about a bug/issue, feel free to ask.
  • If you run into a crash, please record a crashdump: Crashdump Instructions
  • Feature requests should be suggested (and possibly discussed) here in these forums before they may be added to the tracker.

Changes since 2.2.0

• Ability to disable grid snapping when holding down CTRL key
  • Hitting ESC during a Model Resize operation doesn't cancel properly
  • Option to scale models by a set amount
  • Improved playback options in the sound picker window
  • Remember last opened GroupDialog tab and re-open it on next startup
  • Fixed: you can reparent Primitives to any Entity, not just func_statics
  • Add option to reset keyboard shortcuts to defaults
  • Filter menu disappears from top bar when editing filters
  • Switched script interpreter to Python 3
  • Switch to VC++ 2017 tool chain
  • Auto-save XML files to user settings folder when the app is idle
  • Various windows won't open (Linux)
  • Group Dialog tabs are broken in SplitPane Layout
  • Recent maps menu becomes empty after use (Linux)
  • Holding down the SurfaceInspector toggle key S leads to crashes in debug builds (Linux)
  • Panel sizes not persisted between startups (Linux)
  • Rare crash during shutdown when switching GroupDialog tabs
  • Added option to specify an absolute path to a map as startup argument
  • Fixed jumpy model scale manipulator behaviour with grid-snapping enabled
  • Double-clicking items in the Sound Chooser dialognow toggles its expanded state (like all other browsers)
  • Fixed missing menu items (like Readable Editor)
  • Add option to draw grid in the RenderPreview
  • Fixed: In a TDM 2.0 game with no fs_base_path, the PK4 names show up as top level nodes in Sound and Entity Choosers
  • Fixed: Darkradiant crashes when trying to open the prefab menu under file > import prefab (Linux)
  • Test invalid visportals script should check for wronlgy parented visportals
  • Fixed: MD5 animation viewer does not render properly (Linux)
  • Added option to ignore light volumes when calculating default pivot location (#4578)
  • Fixed: Groups do not persist through func_static cloning
  • Fixed: GUI Selector in Readable Editor doesn't accept the selection (Linux)

The list of changes can be found on the our bugtracker changelog.

Have fun mapping!

Yes, the same happens for the portable version. By the way, I am on Win 10 x64, if this is relevant. Also, I use Avast Free Antivirus. This always makes problems while installing, telling me that the install file has to be sent to the Avast server for checking and the install is only enabled after I get the ok from Avast. When I last started DR it told me the same, but I grew impatient and used the "Run it anyway" option. I have not reported, yet, as I considered it a nuisacne, but not really a problem, but wanted to mention it on the off-chance it might be connected.

I'm using Win10 x64 as well, that shouldn't be a problem. I can neither confirm nor deny that the Antivirus stuff is interfering, though its behaviour sounds a tad patronising to me.

I could also have a look at the darkradiant.log file if you send it my way.

The logfile is created anytime DR is started. It's located in a path like C:\Users\greebo\AppData\Roaming\DarkRadiant\darkradiant.log, but with your username instead of mine.

Thanks for the log. While I don't see anything suspicious in there, I could reproduce this issue here on this machine (I couldn't repro it on the notebook at work).

Can you please open an issue on the tracker for this?

I didn't catch this issue because I never use the Floating layout myself. Next time, please make sure to join the pre-release test phase, this saves myself from having to push out another build just one day after release.

Woohooo Thank you Greebo, really appreciate all the work you do to make this the best IdTech editor. :D Well done.

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Dark Mod Missions: Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/

• 2 weeks later...

Greebo, I'm getting a wierd bug with the latest version of DR to do with my mouse.

Usually I hold right click to drag the map, sometimes when I do that, it fails to drag the map, and just brings up the right click menu. Another wierd

related bug, is with an AI selected, If I reload DR, AI options are editable, like vocal, head etc. However sometimes, they just refuse to open.

At the moment, I'm checking the voices of the AI on my map, and I can open it on one AI, but it won't open on others, so I have to close DR reopen

it and reload the map then I can change it, but only once. It's an intermittent and occasional problem. It's happened today twice, and is happening again.

If you've a debug tool, drop the link in and I'll get all the data for u when it's happening and send it to you. The mouse is a logitech one, doesn't really have

a number or anything. I'm not sure though if it's a DR issue, or a Windows issue. I just rebuilt windows 2 days ago, and a similar thing happened there.

Might just be the mouse on the way out, though when I try to open that Voice selection menu in AI options, it won't open but I can click on anything else, any

menu. Everything works except that. Wierd

Neon

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Dark Mod Missions: Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/

Greebo, I'm getting a wierd bug with the latest version of DR to do with my mouse.

Usually I hold right click to drag the map, sometimes when I do that, it fails to drag the map, and just brings up the right click menu.

DR will open the context menu when you press and release the RMB at the same location (with *no* allowed movement in between press and release). Does the menu open before you release the button? Does it open even if you move the mouse while holding the button?

Another wierd related bug, is with an AI selected, If I reload DR, AI options are editable, like vocal, head etc. However sometimes, they just refuse to open.

At the moment, I'm checking the voices of the AI on my map, and I can open it on one AI, but it won't open on others, so I have to close DR reopen

it and reload the map then I can change it, but only once. It's an intermittent and occasional problem. It's happened today twice, and is happening again.

Can't reproduce that here. The picker dialogs open everytime, before and after switching to another AI.

Is this any of the above specific to the 2.3.0 release, or did that happen in earlier versions as well?