The Dark Mod Forums

DarkRadiant 2.4.0 pre-release testing

I recently encountered the same problem Springheel described, where selecting an entity (in this case an AI), led to the entity turning as if another model was still selected. Interestingly, even intermediately selecting another entity (an AI standing right next to the one I wanted to turn) and then reselecting the AI did not help (although I did not try to turn the other AI, just selected it and then immediately reselected the first one). Also, hitting Esc multiple times did nothing. Finally, moving the AI around a bit corrected the behaviour. I have no idea what might have caused this; especially because selecting another entity in between did not help. Unfortunately, I cannot remember, which kind of entity I had selected before the AI. It might be that it was worldspawn, which is why selecting a non-worldspawn entity did not help. If this proplem occurs again, I will make sure to collect some more data, like what was selected before, how I selected the new entity (I am not sure if I used Esc and then Shift+LMB or Alt+Shift+LMB) and if other entities are also affected at the same time.

add a "tracking text file" : i mean that when you select an object in the screen , then in this window you see the part of the map text-file you are working on ... with a "lock"

I saw with the search entity/brush box that you can use to find an objet...it gets it but if you reopen box then numbers are not the same ...

add a "tracking text file" : i mean that when you select an object in the screen , then in this window you see the part of the map text-file you are working on ... with a "lock"

I saw with the search entity/brush box that you can use to find an objet...it gets it but if you reopen box then numbers are not the same ...

That's not really possible. DarkRadiant doesn't have the .map text file in memory when working on the map, it's creating much more memory structures. Exporting the map to text format is a process that takes several seconds at least, which is something I'd need to do after every change in the map's scene graph.

with threads that should not take longs ... and seconds are not so bad when mapping...

I think you should try to create a 3d windows [with weapons : for showing or not triggers...or adding monsters...etc] managed by a xboxpad ; that makes the 3 others 2d windows following it , plus the text file windows showing the map file and notably the selected part or object . of course there should be an other 2 d window with timer to help debugging scripts or create animations .

I did some test with doom 3 1.3.1 and dmap ...with gpuz ...if I use dmap in full screen the gpu [rx480] is at 0% during compilation with a temp of 70 ..., if I use window-mode then the gpu is all time 100% , with a temp of 90 ...of course it drains twice the power...

as map will be always bigger and more complex ...I am sure that entering it and editing it by the 3d is the best...

the "hammer"-"radiant" way is good with little maps made by one mapper that has already the 3d view in his head ;']

I think prey2 is a good example of that... it was restarted many times from zero...and final release is more half-life-source-2 than prey...