The Dark Mod Forums

Missing GL implementation for Linux

Hamlet

I am trying to compile The Dark Mod (r7203) under Linux.
It appears commit r7128 calls GLimp_DeactivateFrontendContext() (framework/Session.cpp line 3017), whose implementation is not provided for Linux (sys/linux/glimp.cpp), while it is provided for Windows (sys/win32/win_glimp.cpp).

Any solution to this?

Edited by Hamlet

I am trying to compile The Dark Mod (r7203) under Linux.

It appears commit r7128 calls GLimp_DeactivateFrontendContext() (framework/Session.cpp line 3107), whose implementation is not provided for Linux (sys/linux/glimp.cpp), while it is provided for Windows (sys/win32/win_glimp.cpp).

Any solution to this?

What is the Linux version of qwglMakeCurrent? The function is rather simple.

void GLimp_DeactivateFrontendContext() {
	qwglMakeCurrent( NULL, NULL );
}

That seems to be a rather tough question from a little searching.

It seems there's no pre-built function like this in Linux and different developers are rolling their own

or avoiding multi-threading on the Linux side.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

That seems to be a rather tough question from a little searching.

It seems there's no pre-built function like this in Linux and different developers are rolling their own

or avoiding multi-threading on the Linux side.

Then an empty function for now

What is the Linux version of qwglMakeCurrent? The function is rather simple.

qwglMakeCurrent( NULL, NULL );
}

I can use either an empty function,

void GLimp_DeactivateFrontendContext() {}

or a function similar to what you suggest in the quote:

assert( dpy );
	qglXMakeCurrent( dpy, None, NULL );
}

(this is actually the same as Linux implementation of GLimp_DeactivateContext())...

Where should I look for failure when testing? Just to be clear: I have no clue what I am doing, here.

Actually, I can't because I have another army of missing functions after this one... but that's for another thread, since it's from a different commit.

Why not? I do. Last I tried, it worked fine in the menu. I couldn't load any actual missions for some reason which had nothing to do with the renderer. But if the menu works, there's no fundamental reason why it wouldn't work ingame.

Edited by cabalistic

Try r_useGLSL 0

The GLSL renderer is probably using extensions that are too new for free drivers.

You'll need to set r_softShadows 0 before you change that because this setting forces GLSL on.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

I used the NIVIDIA proprietary drivers, and enabling or disabling GLSL made no difference. Again, I'm not sure the problem was related to the renderer at all. But I don't really use Linux outside of work anymore, so I didn't have the chance to investigate further...