The Dark Mod Forums

Beta Testing 2.06

grayman

first fire particles aren't getting soft even with soft particles enabled, i can see them create that line where they meet with other geometry

Any chance of a screenshot so we can identify which ones?

Any chance of a screenshot so we can identify which ones?

Of course

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xRiw3a9gfNYaD57ja8imL2bhW8N_SWKU

Sorry if the console takes to much space, just to help pin point those fire particles, they are in the chapel where you see a fire skeleton and you need to pickup the burn priest remais, they are inside a room, downstairs behind the big illuminated cross.

Edited by HMart

Some of those issues are map problems, you would have to test the same with 2.05 installed.

Do soft particles work for you at all? Like for particles at the beach in the first map of NHAT? (http://missions.thedarkmod.com/screenshots/anoott_2625.jpg)

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

Some of those issues are map problems, you would have to test the same with 2.05 installed.

Do soft particles work for you at all? Like for particles at the beach in the first map of NHAT? (http://missions.thedarkmod.com/screenshots/anoott_2625.jpg)

Will do when i install it, about if soft particles work at all for me, yes they do, I tested No Honor Among Thieves like you suggested (not those exact particles tho) by enabling and disabling r_useSoftparticles and I could see the transition line when it was off.

Btw water in NHAT worked just fine but in Volta 2 has problems, is Volta 2 using a different shader technique for water?

The next build package is ready for testing.

7368 – Correct reversion of idBounds::ToString() after its recent removal/reversion (grayman)

15148 – 4728: Fix jerky movement across moss arrow patches (grayman)

15149 – 4736: Provide missing I18N strings (grayman)

• Like 2

quickload(F9) still does not work with russian localization

WARNING:Couldn't open savegame file savegames/__________________.save

only thedarkmod.x86 set as executable(755)

tdm_update.linux and thedarkmod.x64 - set to 644 after update

• Like 1

quickload(F9) still does not work with russian localization

"still" ? Is there a bugtracker issue for this?

only thedarkmod.x86 set as executable(755)

tdm_update.linux and thedarkmod.x64 - set to 644 after update

bugtracker issue?

• Like 1

"still" ?

yes, this problem exist approximately since v2.04 (i think something connected to quicksave counter since it also use '_' character)

Is there a bugtracker issue for this?

i'm not sure about it, i informed someone here on the forum only a long time ago

sorry for my english

Edited by skina
  • Like 1

added bugtracker for quicksave problem

As for the permissions problem, I'm not too concerned about it.

The "Download Mod" page on our website says you need to do the chmod on the updater, but it doesn't say you need to do it on the game binary, because it arrives executable.

We'll have to look at why one of the linux binaries arrives with executable permissions and the other doesn't. I don't think that's something we need to do for 2.06, though; we'll just make sure the instructions say to check permissions and if one is not marked executable, to just run chmod on it.

• Like 1

I have been giving various FM's a playthrough with max graphics settings for everything and it has been running really smooth and with no crashes so far.

One thing I noticed though is in the downloadable missions section of the menu the bar that highlights your choice does not cover the whole text. There is already a bug filed by Kingsal that addresses the text being cut off, so I just attached this to that bug file as I imagine they are both the same. That's bug number: 0004672

post-16287-0-77912000-1516763435_thumb.jpg

about http://bugs.thedarkmod.com/view.php?id=4736

probably minor but it seems 'On'/'Off' internationalization also is missing

and 'Load Mission'/'Save Mission' from save/load menu

I'm not familiar with the 'On'/'Off' internationalization. Can you post a screen shot?

AFAICT, the 'Load Mission' and 'Save Mission' texts are graphics. It's up to the translators to provide new graphics for those.

One thing I noticed though is in the downloadable missions section of the menu the bar that highlights your choice does not cover the whole text. There is already a bug filed by Kingsal that addresses the text being cut off, so I just attached this to that bug file as I imagine they are both the same

If someone is working on this, maybe he might also look into a feature suggestion of mine, namely add a "Select all missions" option with a connected script below the "Select for download" option: http://bugs.thedarkmod.com/view.php?id=4492

Edited by wesp5
  • Like 1

I have been giving various FM's a playthrough with max graphics settings for everything and it has been running really smooth and with no crashes so far.

One thing I noticed though is in the downloadable missions section of the menu the bar that highlights your choice does not cover the whole text. There is already a bug filed by Kingsal that addresses the text being cut off, so I just attached this to that bug file as I imagine they are both the same. That's bug number: 0004672

attachicon.gifrequiem_2018-01-24_13.03.57.jpg

I looked into that, but I can't find where that box is set. There are certain things about scrollbars that are probably inheriting some old D3 defaults, but I'm not sure from where.

Edit: updated to proper savegame

Save game uses "The Alchemist"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j1ixrnxysba0h19/boop.zip?dl=0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HD-b5s7WvI

This noise happened previously during "Heart of Lone Salvation" when I rested the holy healing potion on... anything.

I assumed it was due to Fidcal not assigning a sound to the item's physics but this is apparently an issue elsewhere?

Update: This also happens upon breaking the glass in "The Alchemist", as well as when I open the secret underwater door.

Edited by V-Man339
  • Like 1

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.

Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.

That is the sound triggered by a missing sound, something that was turned on in 2.06. The plan was to turn it off again and leave it as a dev tool. Are you using the most recent version of 2.06?

• Like 1