The Dark Mod Forums

Beta Testing 2.06

grayman

Another explanation for the boop sound might be that you have carried over your Darkmod.cfg from previous runs, and the following cvar is set in Darkmod.cfg:

seta s_playDefaultSound "1"
2.06 now comes with that cvar turned off by default.
If you find it on, turn it off.
Retest.
  • Like 2

http://rgho.st/7xQXdz9Xt

if i remember correctly, 'On'/'Off' strings (#str_07217 and #str_07228) also used in audio settings like 'main menu music' and EFX

The options for these settings hadn't been localized:

Soft Shadow Quality

Multi-Core Enhancement

Unicap FPS

They will be in the next package build.

But the "Soft Shadow Quality" options will be in English until the translators can provide proper translations.

The "On/Off" translations for the 2nd and 3rd settings already exist; they just weren't being used.

Good catch.

• Like 2

Another explanation for the boop sound might be that you have carried over your Darkmod.cfg from previous runs, and the following cvar is set in Darkmod.cfg:

seta s_playDefaultSound "1"
2.06 now comes with that cvar turned off by default.
If you find it on, turn it off.
Retest.

Updated to newest build, set playDefaultSound to 0.

Boop is gone, thanks!

• Like 2

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.

Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Was going to try some testing this morning, but three in a row now the game has run for about 5 minutes and then crashed. Two different maps. Didn't catch the faulty module the first time, but it was listed as ExtLibs.dll the second, and then nvoglv32.DLL the third time.

No one else having any crashes? Hopefully it's just my GPU issue. Definitely limiting my ability to help with testing.

edit: I loaded up the same mission that crashed twice, but this time in 2.05, and I've been able to play without incident for the past twenty minutes. Then I load it in 2.06 and also get to play for 20 minutes. So this is too random to pin on 2.06.

edit: Is anyone else noticing that moving feels a bit odd in 2.06? I feel like the speed of walking 'stutters' occasionally. In 2.05 it's smooth and constant. In 2.06 in the same place, it feels like I'm occasionally catching on something for a fraction of a second--it's almost the same feeling that was occurring walking over moss, just much more subtle.

No crashes here. I've been testing 2.06 with my WIPs.

I too have felt the stutter when moving. Prolly something that could wait for 2.07. It's been around for pretty nearly most of post-2.05, so it's caused by something that happened early on, maybe last summer.

• 2 weeks later...

So, no posts for ten days...is anyone doing any more testing or work on anything?

I haven't been able to do any real testing due to the regular crashing.

duzenko and I have been looking at the r_showvisportals failure. We thought this was fixed a few weeks ago, but I found another failure. duzenko's figured out a reasonable workaround for 2.06 so we don't have to change the code, and I've suggested fixing it properly in 2.07. Will post about it in a while.

Otherwise, I've been working on my missions when RL allows.

We need to fit in the Slovak translation, which shouldn't take too long. The work is done, but I need to find the time to get it into SVN.

Where are your crashes logged?

• Like 1

About stuttering, I encounter it basically all the time, at least in full missions. In my WIPs it's all good until there's more objects or lights in the screen. Still, FPS is still always 60. Maybe the problem is with frame time or frame pacing?

• Like 1

About stuttering, I encounter it basically all the time, at least in full missions. In my WIPs it's all good until there's more objects or lights in the screen. Still, FPS is still always 60. Maybe the problem is with frame time or frame pacing?

No clue.

I think I have a scene where it happens most of the time. That should let me track it down when I get some time.

• Like 1

It was here when I got home today. I'll hook it up this weekend and cross my fingers that it solves my problems. Thanks so much! Let me know if you have a paypal account, and I'll send you the cost of shipping.

I see the card was delivered, did you get it?

It was here when I got home today. I'll hook it up this weekend and cross my fingers that it solves my problems.

@both, dont know if this has been asked already - does Springheels PSU have enough grunt to handle the replacement card you sent him.