The Dark Mod Forums

Beta Testing 2.06

grayman

Is it still possible to choose other OpenAL drivers by using the lib name? (soft_oal.dll, etc. avoiding the bugged Creative one - ct_oal.dll - on old cards :P )

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

So I was looking at the roadmap: http://bugs.thedarkmod.com/roadmap_page.php

I know you say there's no release date in mind, but why does 2.06 (and 2.07) both have release dates? Is this a requirement of the bug tracking software? The release dates have been missed quite a bit but I doubt anyone cares too much.

Bugtracker inserts meaningless release dates. Ignore them .

• Like 1

I'll do it. I'm actually not a new member, but a former one with a new identity. (wasn't banned, just wanted a new name)

Anyway, I run Debian Linux Buster with a Ryzen 7 1700 and a GTX750Ti. Memory is 16GB.

Hopefully no one will discover my secret identity!

Edited by kano
  • Like 1

Holy cow! For real? This might single-handedly increase adoption of darkmod for many Thief mappers given the softer look darkengine still has over it.

Could you please share screenshots?

SoftShadows + Light PostProcess + FBOresolution=2 -> TDM rocks

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

The real performance-killer hogg is the FBO resolution (=internal framebuffer downscaling from 3840×2160) in shader-heavy/shadow-heavy (->dynamic lights) parts.

Otherwise every medium modern system (i3-6xxx/i3-7xxx + GeForce 1050 /1050 Ti) can handle TDM 2.06 well @that quality.

Edited by lowenz

Pretty cool stuff. Any info about if/how much the minimum system requirements for the project will increase?

I am into poking at it as a beta-tester, if more fingers in the cookie jar are wanted.

minimum system requirements should be OpenGL 2.1, but the new GLSL was not tested on anything older that 3.1 yet

I'm using the Intel GPU and it's still playable FPS (for me) on the "Very High" soft shadow setting, granted on an i7-6K.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.