The Dark Mod Forums

WTF did I just read?

TheUnbeholden

:wub:

We need our version, something like this:

What the heck did you just say about me, you little taffer? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Keepers, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Hammerite Cathedrals, and I have over 300 confirmed loot. I am trained in stealth warfare and I’m the top thief in the entire City. You are nothing to me but just another Pagan. I will knock you the heck out with furtivity the likes of which has never been seen before on these streets, mark my taffing words.

Edited by lowenz
  • Like 3

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

Kurshok is on a posting vacation for a few days. Personal attacks, let along death threats, are against the forum rules.

• Like 1

@Outlooker you could use this rage outburst to improve your commentary with insight into people's minds behind masks. Internet is the wild west of social justice warriors and here we have an example of non existent moral values internalisation, or rather lack on reflection in distinguishing desire from other's rights. Kurshok identifies first pleasing voice coming from inside as „righteous”, externalise „I want” as a wider than his own urge and surrender to this saint anger any brakes that normally stops him from rampage in real world. In one moment he incarnate some sort of ultimate judge, jury and executioner (Judge Dredd's „I a'm the law!”), buuuuut in the next moment he realise there is someone bigger who will destroy his life as well. Eventually he is satisfied with „choosing” to not subdue to his own wantings and showing strength of will in that manner, letting you know what he want for Christmas. The problem is, he is totally overwhelmed by id voice – prisons are full of people who are certain that „he deserved that gratification / someone deserved that punishment”. Pathologicly narcissistic personalities are - every once in a while or all of the time – incapable of distinguishing so called voice of conscience from id voice. So lets hope either he is not suffering from such regressions too often, or he is getting a negative feedback from his surroundings instead of a pat at the back.
God I love judging strangers over internet!

S2wtMNl.gif

Outlooker, forget about this social status, money, resources nonsense. It's not going to pay off for you, anyway; not even if you're resume is 3 pages long and you fit your own definition of an "elite." You're a hateful person with profound derision for, well, anyone besides yourself. I think maybe some cats wouldn't notice your heart of stone; human beings, on the other hand--including "high quality mates"--can see it on your sleeve.

• Like 1

on the other hand--including "high quality mates"--can see it on your sleeve.

Exactly.

Some people (see the PUA community) thinks they're finally found the "truth" in these pseudorational arguments and behaviour (see the "thesis" style).

The truth is.....there's no general truth, there are only individuals.

The "believers" are isoted from "high quality mates" too: "Why I must love the company of a pseudorational man who thinks he found the truth BUT spend his time tellig it like some kind of messiah?" :D

"High quality mates" are practical, they judge you NOT by your arguments but by your (social) results.

Edited by lowenz
  • Like 1

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

I agree in principle. I wish I could just "not care"... just peak in and remove hat for a second, realize it's not worth the bother, and put the hat back on as I glide through the door. Alas, I cannot. The Outlooker is just begging for punishment (and yes, I am the Law... :P ) I'm not sure we've done enough, and therein lies the rub. This guy needs to know these dissertations of "social truth" as he sees it are not acceptable, not even in an anonymous forum where he can hide himself--just like your standard coward. Who does he think he is? Can you imagine players new to the Dark Mod coming here and seeing these methodical, hate-filled treatises? Not that it's going to have a real impact but I think the forum is better off without it, at very least.

Edited by CarltonTroisi
  • Like 1

It's not against the forum rules to have stupid or even offensive opinions.

Perhaps. But maybe the site should have a disclaimer of "The views and opinions of the creators of this game are not necessarily reflected by the views and opinions of certain members of the community"?

Perhaps. But maybe the site should have a disclaimer of "The views and opinions of the creators of this game are not necessarily reflected by the views and opinions of certain members of the community"?

1. Why would anyone assume otherwise?

2. The game creators don't all share the same views and opinions.

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/16117-forum-rules/

Get lost, wannabe censors.

• Like 2

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Don't be silly. The minute you allow a system that removes opinions you don't like, you've set a precedent for someone else to remove opinions you do like.

• Like 3

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

Don't be silly. The minute you allow a system that removes opinions you don't like, you've set a precedent for someone else to remove opinions you do like.

Exactly. And Kurshok, who liked the pro-censoring post, would probably be the next to get his topics deleted (for spamming)...

Maybe there should be harsher ban policies for two weeks or so. Then, after the censoring-happy people experienced, what censoring looks like (i.e. after they got banned), we could switch back to current status quo :P

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C.S. Lewis

• Like 1

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C.S. Lewis

Discussable.

• Like 1

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

"The show must go on."

- Freddy Mercury

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

badge?user=andarson

I believe that by allowing hate speech, one is encouraging hate groups to fester and slink about to try and take over and make their vile ideas law.

And you can always say to them "What a bunch of stupid people, 'cause you're thinking you're high-intelligent but your arguments are pseudorational".

There's nothing more to say in answer.

Really: "I'm proud to be a racist" (sort of, there's no "biological" racism today) is another way to say "I'm a socially awkward and childish, please hear my voice".

Edited by lowenz
  • Like 2

Better then seeing those thoughts in action. Or else my name wouldn't be RODION RASKOLNIKOV!

badge?user=andarson