The Dark Mod Forums

Doctor Troy's Office: Acephali Skeleton Paper

Kurshok

Yes, and see also topic thief 4 is trash.

Have you played that game either, or is your "computer whiz uncle" still on the books to install that too?

Can be installed from steam.

For TDM, im working on a feature of the tdm installer (windows), that can almost automatically create a shortcut to TDM in Steam.

Edited by freyk

Info: My portfolio and darkmod graphical installer
Amnesty for Bikerdude!

For a giggle I decided I'd see how difficult it is to install TDM from this reply box. 10 clicks and 1 drag. If you can't do that how did you manage to find and register for a forum online?

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

Actually, he said he would help me install it in late January, after Christmas vacation.

It would take you less than five minutes.

The only possible tricky part is making sure you have write access to the folder.

There is an entire forum of people who would help you over that minor hurdle.

Your continued reluctance to install the game, while continuing to post about that game, is perplexing.

• Like 1

It would take you less than five minutes.

The only possible tricky part is making sure you have write access to the folder.

There is an entire forum of people who would help you over that minor hurdle.

Your continued reluctance to install the game, while continuing to post about that game, is perplexing.

Well, I don't want to accidentally turn my laptop into a 300 dollar paperweight.

Well, I don't want to accidentally turn my laptop into a 300 dollar paperweight.

There's nothing you can do installing TDM that would cause that to happen, any more than you could accidentally do that registering for the forums.

No, Judith, if I have a question, I'm going to ask it, so I'll post as I damn well please.

Oh no you won't. You got to a point where what you do is not merely asking questions, it's thread spamming. Right now, your threads make half of first page of The Dark Mod subforums, pushing other important topics to next pages. Either move to Off-topic, use one thread for your random thoughts, or just stop completely. Subsequent threads like this one will be reported for deletion.

obraz.png

Edited by Judith
  • Like 1

Have you tried installing it yourself?

Not enough beginners experience / knowledge. (but he plays his games on steam) (how did he installed steam?)

As springheel said earlier, there are many people like me, who would like to help.

I reuploaded the tdminstaller executable, to help him. (he have only to follow the instructions)

Im now adding a steamshortcut feature to it.

And i was thinking about remote assistance.

Edited by freyk

Info: My portfolio and darkmod graphical installer
Amnesty for Bikerdude!

A noble goal, but how do you intend to remotely assist someone who can't download and run an application?

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

I am suspicious. While he appears to know a few things about TDM, he claims never to have played it and unable to install it. And yet, he was able to sign up for this forum. That, along with some other things, makes me wonder about troll. Could this be a disgraced ex-member, back to haunt the forum? -_-

I'm not an ex-member, but I was interested in the Dark Mod for a few months before deciding to join the forums. I watched FenPhoenix's playthroughs to get a feel for the world of TDM, and used to watch let's plays of thief series when I was younger.
  • Like 1

tdm doesn't touch windows registry, so it wont turn a windows based computer into a brick, as buggering up the registry is the best way to brick a computer, and a buggy update to windows from microsoft is more likely to cause a computer to become a expensive brick.

That, along with some other things, makes me wonder about troll. Could this be a disgraced ex-member, back to haunt the forum? -_-

Does not look like a troll. More a stalker of some sort. In this case, the stalked one seems to be TDM though.

Go, Kurshok, try installing TDM already. Only peeping through the looking glass will never get you what you really want.