The Dark Mod Forums

Crucible Of Omens : Unattainable Loot

CountMorillonite

I don't know if this is the proper place to raise the topic of a potential bug (Feedback & Support instead ??).

I've come across this before. Many times an item is next to impossible to pick up, but eventually (with contortions) it will highlight. In this case I could not pick the "purse" up off a desk.

post-38134-0-19838400-1513963117_thumb.jpg

It is in the Balakin Manor ( blue wallpaper) and on the desk in the only room on the top floor.

I remember an explanation for this and it was pretty involved (for a non-programmer), but can be fixed when notified. Nevertheless, is there something I can do to get this item now or do I have to wait for a fix to be applied and uploaded.

This is an awesome mission btw.

@CountMorillonite, have you tried leaning in to frob the coin purse or failing that fully opening closing the compartment door.

Can a mod move this to the relevant thread please

Hi Bikerdude,

Thx for the quick reply.

Yes, I leaned to and fro, right and left at an angle, and played opening and closing the compartment door a number of times. There was a crate whose contents I couldn't grab elsewhere in this mission, but perseverance rewarded me when I closed the crate door and opened it again. Such is not the case here.

Wow...thx for the link. Looks like this problem is not so rare.

One observation. Based on only 2 times where this happened to me ( the other was a Penney Dreadful mission), it seems that unfrobbable loot may occur where the item of interest is crowded in with other things that can be frobbed. In this case, there was the compartment door itself, plus a drawer immediately underneath the compartment plus a readable item and various pickupable objects. The density of highlightable objects may be a factor. Maybe changing resolution would trigger a solution ?? Because not everybody has had this problem and everybody doesn't play at the same resolution ( I play at 2560x1440)

Wow...thx for the link. Looks like this problem is not so rare.

One observation. Based on only 2 times where this happened to me ( the other was a Penney Dreadful mission), it seems that unfrobbable loot may occur where the item of interest is crowded in with other things that can be frobbed. In this case, there was the compartment door itself, plus a drawer immediately underneath the compartment plus a readable item and various pickupable objects. The density of highlightable objects may be a factor. Maybe changing resolution would trigger a solution ?? Because not everybody has had this problem and everybody doesn't play at the same resolution ( I play at 2560x1440)

I posted this problem in PD2 as thread as well, I can safely say this glitch popping up is keeping me from uploading as much videos as I used to.

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.

Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.

Feature request, or at least request for discussion: a button that, when you push it, the frob boxes for local (or all) objects are extended out some standard and very long length (either while it's pressed, a toggle, or time bound for a few seconds), to ensure all objects can always be frobbed (as intended). It's a way to get around this buggy behavior without changing any map files & without really changing the gameplay, since it's still intended for these objects to be frobbed.

There might be a few cases where it allows you to prematurely frob thing you shouldn't until later, but this should be thought of more like the cvar to un-clip yourself out of geometry. It's designed to avoid buggy behavior that stops progress, not to be an exploit really.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

I posted the same type problem in a Penny Dreadful mission a few months ago, but I don't remember which one. I was given a set of instructions to possibly fix it, but walked away instead and finished without 100% loot capture (not a big deal). It's funny because I was trying to figure out what PD2 stood for and didn't consider it represented a mission ( and one I was familiar with too !)

There is a known bug with frobbing purses. It should be fixed in 2.06. Is anyone experiencing this problem in 2.06?

http://bugs.thedarkmod.com/view.php?id=4573