The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: The Elixir by b1k3rdude & Obsttorte (17/02/2018)

Bikerdude

I appear to be stuck. Where is the

secret room? Even after reading this thread I couldn't find it. I clicked on the candle sconce at the bottom of the stairs by the kitchen, and my weapons dropped like I had grabbed a junk object, and noises were made like I was bumping a cup into things when I moved my view, but nothing else happened.

That feels like a bug? Is it supposed to do something when you frob it?

I appear to be stuck. Where is the

secret room? Even after reading this thread I couldn't find it. I clicked on the candle sconce at the bottom of the stairs by the kitchen, and my weapons dropped like I had grabbed a junk object, and noises were made like I was bumping a cup into things when I moved my view, but nothing else happened.

That feels like a bug? Is it supposed to do something when you frob it?

If the candle is behaving oddly than yeah, this is probably a bug. It should extinguish on frob like the other candles do.

Regarding the secret room. At the bottom of the stairs leading to the kitchen, there is a frobably panel on the left side, pretty low. It opens on frob and there is a lever or switch that opens the secret door that leads to the secret room. It is easy to overlook, couldn't find it myself :)

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

FYI, it loaded on 2.06 fine for me. There were a lot of problems with AI getting stuck, but I don't think that's a 2.06 issue.

It should extinguish on frob like the other candles do.

There's no candle. It's an empty sconce, which makes it look suspicious. And then when you frob it, it behaves like a movable (except it doesn't move). Another possibility is that somehow I'm frobbing through the wall and grabbing a cup on the other side? Not sure. But something odd is going on there.

I really liked this mission. It had that BD feel that I liked, closed in, confining yet felt like a real place. Really

a nice level, and enjoyed it greatly. Thanks heaps :D

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Dark Mod Missions: Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/

• 4 weeks later...

Something really wrong on my end.

I downloaded the updated version from the mission page. First tried link from fidcal domain but chrome just gave me a network error. taaaki works but is not 32 MB.

When I start the mission, I get the difficulty selection the moment it finishes loading, no prompt to click attack.

I can select a difficulty, or leave nothing selected, and click start mission. Then it is as if I quick loaded, loading bar goes quick and all I see is this:

https://i.imgur.com/QqtkwhX.png

I think it was the 3rd version that I had last played successfully.

EDIT: Also the pk4 I downloaded ended up making a new mission entry in the menu.

Edited by SuaveSteve

Can confirm. Just started this up in 2.06 and I get the same screen. It doesn't work for both the 32-bit and 64-bit version

Here is what the console says: https://imgur.com/a/6tLLpKr

Hmm - I've got this:

Intro -> Objectives -> Start Mission -> Generating World -> Starting Mission - please wait -> Objectives....
In all, the mission does not start.

I have TDM 2.05

EDIT: also made a new install of TDM

Edited by UglyEd
  • Like 1

-> Live long and prosper <-

Im getting an EFX error, so will fix that and reupload.

Hmm - I've got this:

Intro -> Objectives -> Start Mission -> Generating World -> Starting Mission - please wait -> Objectives....

In all, the mission does not start.

I have TDM 2.05

EDIT: also made a new install of TDM

Will fix both of the above

• Like 1

@Obs, can you take a look at this please because.

It seems the rest of the sentence is missing, and I haven't folled the topic too closely. What should I take a look at and why?

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

It seems the rest of the sentence is missing, and I haven't folled the topic too closely. What should I take a look at and why?

• The mission load due to the EFX file missing the "version 1.0" line.
  • Brethren has a problem with the main stairs from from the gnd to 1st floor - I think I may have fixed that though
  • The mission isnt starting under 2.05 for a few people, but this maybe the EFX issue.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...