The Dark Mod Forums

The Accountant 2 by Goldwell bugs

Leather

Heya, I've been playing this great mission by Goldwell and while it was really enjoyable, I've encountered a few minor bugs(at least I hope they're minor O_O), and a major one.

1.) There is a safe in the office of the third floor(one with lion head ornament), which contains some loot. I was able to pick up all of it except a single purse with some spilled coins. No matter which angle I tried, couldn't pick it up for some reason, even after restarting TDM few times.

2.) There is an optional objective of putting a certain orb into a cauldron. Apparently, it should start some sort of cutscene, but nothing happens.

3.) Watched a video on YT by FenPhoenix, in which he put a rat into some sort of stew, and the protagonist said a funny line.

Tried to put the rat into stew, but nothing happened, except the rat glitching through the pot, rotating furiously for a few seconds.

4.) The final and most severe one I've encountered. After finishing my objectives(except the orb ritual -_-' ), I appeared in a train after being teleported. The end credits started to roll, and the screen remained black. The mission didn't finish, and I could still hear my footsteps, sound of drawing my weapons, but there was no HUD. Tried reloading bunch of times, but no results.

I'll try to dash through the mission again tomorrow, hopefully it'll work.

Cheers! (^__^ ) (\_/) <-----crappy whale

Heya, I've been playing this great mission by Goldwell and while it was really enjoyable, I've encountered a few minor bugs(at least I hope they're minor O_O), and a major one.

1.) There is a safe in the office of the third floor(one with lion head ornament), which contains some loot. I was able to pick up all of it except a single purse with some spilled coins. No matter which angle I tried, couldn't pick it up for some reason, even after restarting TDM few times.

2.) There is an optional objective of putting a certain orb into a cauldron. Apparently, it should start some sort of cutscene, but nothing happens.

3.) Watched a video on YT by FenPhoenix, in which he put a rat into some sort of stew, and the protagonist said a funny line.

Tried to put the rat into stew, but nothing happened, except the rat glitching through the pot, rotating furiously for a few seconds.

4.) The final and most severe one I've encountered. After finishing my objectives(except the orb ritual -_-' ), I appeared in a train after being teleported. The end credits started to roll, and the screen remained black. The mission didn't finish, and I could still hear my footsteps, sound of drawing my weapons, but there was no HUD. Tried reloading bunch of times, but no results.

I'll try to dash through the mission again tomorrow, hopefully it'll work.

Cheers! (^__^ ) (\_/) <-----crappy whale

1 - That is a bug I since learned about after release, apparently the entity that handles making items frobable or not needs to have the door related to it to trigger on open and on close. I plan to release an update sometime after 2.06 is out which adresses this bug and others

2 & 3 - That is a bug relating to TDM, those objects have certain invisible objects bound to them and when they touch other entities they are supposed to trigger the narration line or the cutscene, however they do not for whatever reason. One way around this is to make the item a pickupable item, but it should technically work as is originally intended.

4 - That bug only occurs if the player uses notarget or noclip throughout the mission. If you are experiencing this bug and have not used any console commands then please post your save files and I will take a look.

Sure, I can post the save files, but I have no idea how to do that :D

Before worrying about that, did you use noclip or notarget playing the mission?

I'm 100% sure I did not, I don't even have any idea how to do that

Ok well to upload your save files you will need to go into the directory you installed TDM.

Then go into the FM folder and then into AC2. You will find the save games folder for accountant 2 in there.

To upload the files just use a file hosting website like mega or zippyshare. If youve never uploaded a file before then use this guide https://wikihow.com/Upload-a-File