The Dark Mod Forums

Big Fat THANK YOU!

Jabberwocky

Thank you everyone for greeting me here. A very warm welcome, indeed! I will probably be more of a lurker than an active poster since I don't know much about most of the topics discussed here. As far as computers go I'm just a user. Being a veteran pen&paper RPG player and GM I'd already have some gaming ideas but converting them into maps seems sort of impossible to me (besides my non-existent technical skills also due to real life matters – family and kids, mostly).

Nevertheless. Should anyone be interested in lines said in a slightly foreign accent (I'm Czech) I think I could ask at work whether I could record something there. I'm a teacher, not an actor, but I do use my voice in some kind of a professional way. I could also help with Slavic names or Central European flavour if need be. And I know Latin.

• Like 1

VIRIBVS VNITIS

Thank you everyone for greeting me here. A very warm welcome, indeed! I will probably be more of a lurker than an active poster since I don't know much about most of the topics discussed here. As far as computers go I'm just a user. Being a veteran pen&paper RPG player and GM I'd already have some gaming ideas but converting them into maps seems sort of impossible to me (besides my non-existent technical skills also due to real life matters – family and kids, mostly).

Nevertheless. Should anyone be interested in lines said in a slightly foreign accent (I'm Czech) I think I could ask at work whether I could record something there. I'm a teacher, not an actor, but I do use my voice in some kind of a professional way. I could also help with Slavic names or Central European flavour if need be. And I know Latin.

Feel free to post ideas if you wish, perhaps it will inspire a mapper or two to take it on :)

Incidentally I too am Czech! Working at BI in Prague.

Nevertheless. Should anyone be interested in lines said in a slightly foreign accent (I'm Czech) I think I could ask at work whether I could record something there. I could also help with Slavic names or Central European flavour if need be. And I know Latin.

One of our best mappers (Dram) is Czech I believe ah he beat me too it, why not do some sample lines so we can hear what you sound like :D

And on a different note, I can't remember of the top of my head who was working on the Czech translation, but they might still need a hand.

Edited by Bikerdude

Welcome and have a good time here. :)

You're certainly not the only central European around here. There's also me, Melan, Judith, at least one or two other Czech, Slovak and Polish members. We're a merry bunch, and the more, the merrier. :)

And on a different note, I can't remember of the top of my head who was working on the Czech translation, but they might still need a hand.

Here's the list.

Edited by Petike the Taffer

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I want to say THANK YOU too, this 2.06 release it's really awesome!

For a Linux user, it's now easier to install and run TDM: with the 64 bit version there is no need to mess and install all the *:386 libs for audio and video!

(like was needed in the past, cfr. I.E. this thread)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

:D

=> I love TDM, I love this incredibile community <=

Edited by Ladro
  • Like 3

I want to say THANK YOU too, this 2.06 release it's really awesome!

For a Linux user, it's now easier to install a run TDM: with the 64 bit version there is no need to mess and install all the *:386 libs for audio and video!

(like was needed it the past, cfr. I.E. this thread)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

:D

=> I love TDM, I love this incredibile community <=

Glad to hear that. :)

• Like 1