The Dark Mod Forums

DarkRadiant 2.6.0 released

DarkRadiant 2.6.0 is ready for download. This feature release is further improving on the Model Exporting capabilities and introduces smaller features like a mapping time stopwatch and the ability to define favourites in the Media Browser, making it more convenient to work with a large number of materials. On top of that, this build offers a number of fixes and improvement for various parts of the editor. It's recommended to prefer this version over any previous release.

Windows and Mac Downloads are available on github: https://github.com/codereader/DarkRadiant/releases/tag/2.6.0 and of course linked from the website https://www.darkradiant.net

Thanks go out to all who helped testing this release!

Please report any bugs or feature requests here in these forums, following these guidelines:

• Bugs (including steps for reproduction) can go directly on the tracker. When unsure about a bug/issue, feel free to ask.
  • If you run into a crash, please record a crashdump: Crashdump Instructions
  • Feature requests should be suggested (and possibly discussed) here in these forums before they may be added to the tracker.

Changes since 2.5.0

• Add a stopwatch tracking your mapping time
  • Make The Model Exporter Respect The "skin" Spawnarg On Export
  • Export patches and lights/func_statics to OBJ
  • Fixed: Particle Editor Doesn't Save Colour/Fade Colour
  • Fixed DR not remembering location of child windows when placed on any non-primary monitor
  • Fixed: Re-exporting .ase models screws up their normals
  • Fixed: Export Selected as .LWO Model: Exported models loose smooth shading after export.
  • Fixed: DR shouldn't write *.darkradiant files when creating a prefab
  • Fixed: CSG Make Room operator does not fill the room on 3-edge prism case
  • Fixed: DR doesn't show readable background image changes
  • Fixed syntax error in OBJ export script
  • Fixed: Grid size number format in status bar is showing unnecessary post-comma zeros
  • Fixed: Undo after changing func_static entity classname results in lost child primitives
  • Fixed: Changing entity class from the spawnargs moves it to the Active Layer

The list of changes can be found on the our bugtracker changelog.

Have fun mapping!

Thanks for this, greebo!

I like how, even after you "retired" as a coder for us, you're still one of our most productive contributors. :laugh:

Keep rocking the free world!

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

• 6 months later...

I'm still getting an unspecified error when exporting a collision model, that's taken from a brush model that was exported as .ase and imported by right-click "add model", because it's trying to export the collision model to the same path as the model... and the file is in use by DR, so it's locked.

(please don't make me use zbrush or blender...)

After setting the origins to be the same as the model - if I make a mistake while tweaking it a bit, and try to undo it - I get a "failed to save collision model" and DR crashes.

(I just realised I don't need the collision model, as the brush model is bound to a mover and will cause damage, so dw about it - should push the player back anyway).

Edited by teh_saccade

• greebo unpinned this topic